Razberry v1 as secondary controller with Razberry2

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
kowalma

Razberry v1 as secondary controller with Razberry2

Post by kowalma »

Hi,

I'm strugling for couple of days now. I have old Razberry1 board (from late 2012) with ZW0301 chip (Library Type: Static Controller, SDK Version: 4.54.01, Serial API Version: 04.02) and I'm trying to add as secondary controller to my small z-wave network where Razberty2 is controller. I've tried with various config combinations:
Both boards z-way 3.0 one side v2.3.8, both sides v.2.3.8 and as long secondary (razberry1) contoller jonins network it can interview Razberry2 but Razberry2 cannot interview Razberry1. Shall I get another Razberry2 board replace Razberry1 it?

My goal is to have secondary controller in HomeAssistant so HA can control z-wave network with own native way.
PoltoS

Re: Razberry v1 as secondary controller with Razberry2

Post by PoltoS »

If you want native engine of HA, interview does not matter for you as it is stored only in the Z-Way side. Once you will switch to native engine all interview data will be lost by the HA side. But network role will remain (this is what you need in fact).

Not sure why Z-Way can't interview Z-Way. It should work. Need more information like logs
kowalma

Post by kowalma »

Hi,

I did another test - exclude razberry1 from network, do razberry1 controler factory defaults, reboot of RPi and than include. Now they can interview each other. But still secondary controller does not see for example blind level from Fibaro roller shutter - is it normal? Primary controller sees all the changes
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is probably because only one is in the LifeLine of the shutter. Add both of them
kowalma

Post by kowalma »

Hi,

I think you might be right. But Fibaro does not allow two lifeline :( is there a workaround on this? Or maybe there is better option to integrate z-way server with Home Assistant?

Regards
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Use one Z-Wave controller - Z-Way ;)

You can also link Z-Way to HA via HTTP API I suppose.