Cannot include devices S2/S0 on RaZberry 7 Pro

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
z-wavettaja

Re: Cannot include devices S2/S0 on RaZberry 7 Pro

Post by z-wavettaja »

I got advice to use unsecure with Fibaro sockets to get more speed and reliability to my network. This really fixed those issues. But now I'm also problems with those S0 devices and also not able to even re-include. So waiting for new firmare version here also (currently 7.28).

edit: managed to re-include (with replace failed device) plugs with security, but now back on situation that scenes are unusable (so unreliable, which socket and when acts as requested) as there is so much of dublicate packets with those devices.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro
harre

Post by harre »

Aha, so unsecured devices are more reliable? I'll test with my nodes that are in the edge of the network after the holidays
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

harre wrote:
30 Dec 2022 15:16
Aha, so unsecured devices are more reliable?
No as that is a blanket statement. Some manufacturers have have had issues when their devices when they used with security enabled. Qubino is one of them and their "latest" firmware provided a fix for connectivity issues when security is enabled. Their fix was to remove security entirely. There are other device manufacturers that have security enabled and it does work. Inovelli is a good example. I have over 40 of the switches and all of them are using S2, not an issue.

Direct from Qubino:
In case you include the device with the S0 secure inclusion this could be the reason. We did find that the S0 security was giving us issues and for that we decide to remove it. If you're using he S0 secure inclusion we recommend to include it without secure S0 inclusion and the relay should work without dropping off.
So Fibaro could also have an issue in their firmware as well. That doesn't mean that unsecured is more reliable, just that certain manufacturers have lousy firmware and they haven't put the time and effort into their development. So don't confuse reliability with laziness on the part of device manufacturers. I have two Qubino products for a certain use case but would never buy another Qubino product for anything outside of that limited used case. So if you find Fibaro products to have issues, then you should think about the use of Fibaro products in your network today as well as in the future.