Adding a RaZberry to another network, DSK

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
brianaker

Adding a RaZberry to another network, DSK

Post by brianaker »

Hi!

I have a RaZberry 5th generation z-wave device that I want to add to an existing network.

I know that I just need to select "Include into Network" from the advanced interface in order to have it join. The problem I consistently run into is that the DSK is not provided until the device thinks it is included in the other network ( or thinks it is ). It is often displayed long after S2 negotiated and has timed out on the other side.

Is there a way to display the DSK before "Include into Network"?

I believe the only way to reach the "highest level" of security is by providing the other controller with the DSK.

In line with the same question for the DSK, is there a way to generate the entire QR code for a controller in order to include into another network?

Thanks!
PoltoS

Re: Adding a RaZberry to another network, DSK

Post by PoltoS »

Correct, the highest level requires the DSK.

As I remember, the DSK is remains same on each inclusion, so memorize the DSK, exclude and on next inclusion you have.
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

Thanks, I can confirm that the boards DSK doesn't change after a factory default.*

The problem is that the QR code that is generated in the Advanced interface is not valid. A valid QR code for a S2 DSK begins with a 9 and is longer. According to my notes, the DSK begins 13 characters in on the QR code.
bad_dsk.jpg
bad_dsk.jpg (103.33 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
I have circled in red the link to the QR code link.

* ( which is different behavior from a couple of other vendor's hubs, but I don't know what the standard says about this, if anything )
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

that might be true. will check it
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed, this is a bug, it will be fixed in the next version