Razberry7 on Pi 3B fails setup, no port?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
msambol

Re: Razberry7 on Pi 3B fails setup, no port?

Post by msambol »

I sincerely hope that I am not communicating with an employee of Z-wave. "You don't get it"? Because I want a new OS and new Z-wave installation to work with a new Razberry card? This seems unreasonable to you?

Thanks for your willingness to engage but "You don't get it" is not communication which I am open to.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

No I'm not. Want the truth, you do not have the technical knowledge or fortitude to do all three at the same time. Can you say which one(s) of the three changes that you made were the culprit? The answer is a resounding NO. Basic troubleshooting means you limit the changes to isolate the cause(s). That is not something you want to do and as such, good luck with your problem. I will no longer offer any assistance. As I said before, you can do this upgrade however you want. Just remember, that you are the one that has to get it working.
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

Have you considered downloading Z-Way's SD card image from here: https://z-wave.me/z-way/download-z-way/? If your Raspberry Pi using Z-Way's SD card image works correctly, then you've isolated the problem to not be a hardware issue.

The approach you've taken of installing Raspberry Pi OS using rpi-imager and then adding the Z-Way software using RaspbianInstall is more complicated. For example, you may have installed a version of the OS that is not compatible with Z-Way, made changes that are not compatible with Z-Way or failed to make changes that are required for Z-Way.

If you're seeking support, please use a known staring point.