Fibaro FGS221 & Philio PAN06 report

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
martinisonline

Fibaro FGS221 & Philio PAN06 report

Post by martinisonline »

Hello,

I got a couple of these dual relay switches and i'm a bit confusing about his automatic report behavior!

If i do the control from the razberry remotely, i get the report from the /ZWaveAPI/Data/xxxxxxx correctly, according to the switch(instance) that was changed.

Example:
Doing: /ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[7].instances[2].commandClasses[0x25].Set(255)
get the report of /ZWaveAPI/Data/xxxxxxx -> devices.7.instances.2.commandClasses.37.data.level correctly.

if i change the status with the local swicthes attached to S1 or S2, i received a report from instances[0] only, and i don't know which relay was changed, and i had to request the status of the both relays to know their status.

is it possible to get an automatic report, knowing which relay was changed, when the command was performed on local with the toggle buttons attached to the switches?

thanks.
pofs

Re: Fibaro FGS221 & Philio PAN06 report

Post by pofs »

Unfortunately, no (for Philio PAN06).

Your device doesn't support multichannel associations, so it uses 3 different association groups: 1 for both switches reports, 2 for first switch and 3 for second switch. So technically different instances may be reported to different devices, but since there's only one controller, it receives all the reports.

To make your life easier, you may automate that with JS. Put something like this in main.js, or (better) create a configurable user module:

Code: Select all

var device = zway.devices[7];
device.instances[0].SwitchBinary.data.level.bind(function () {
    device.instances[1].SwitchBinary.Get();
    device.instances[2].SwitchBinary.Get();
});
So each time level is changed on default instance, it will automatically request statuses for both instances. You probably won't even notice a delay.
martinisonline

Re: Fibaro FGS221 & Philio PAN06 report

Post by martinisonline »

thanks for your reply pofs.

I will try your suggestion.
Honestly, i am a bit lost about how the user modules/automation works. Found several approaches for creating custom modules/jscode but some of them are outdated and no longer work with the last version.

I will start from this post (viewtopic.php?f=3424&t=20528) that seams it has good information for starting develop custom modules/codding.

If you have any other good/updated source of information, i appreciated.

br,