Use ExpressControl E-Z Motion in mains powered mode

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Use ExpressControl E-Z Motion in mains powered mode

Post by PoltoS »

Some times it is better to use your ExpressControl E-Z Motion device mains powered. Unfortunately manufacturer did not made any socket for this, but there is still a special place where one can easily solder a cable with 4.5V power supply.
But in this case it is also good to include it in routing and disable it's sleeping function. To save battery power all battery devices go into sleep mode after some time of inactivity, but once mains powered this is not needed anymore.
This motion detector and luminosity sensor have a configuration parameter called Stay awake, that allows you to tell the device to announce itself (using NIF) as listening device and never go into sleep anymore. But Z-Way (and even the underlying Z-Wave chip in the stick used with Z-Way) would not know about this, since this information is saved only during Inclusion or Re-Inclusion processes. So, to update Z-Way information one need to Re-Include this device (note, that autoconfiguration would take place during this process, so apply last config to your device again) and reboot Z-Way (press Halt in Network Management tab and run it again. This is needed since in current version of Z-Wave (as on 7 May 2011) the isListening flag is read only on software startup - this may be fixed in future).
After this your device should be marked as mains powered in Device Statuses tab and all commands send to the device would be delivered immediately.
This can be used not only to replace batteries by permanent power adaptor, but also to be able request luminosity and temperature more often than once per 6 minutes.
eligv

ezmotion and schedules

Post by eligv »

hi,
I have a ezmotion and let me know if you can associate the sensor temperature and climate schedules in the software to activate a relay fibaro. how to do?
thanks
PoltoS

Do you want to use E-Z Motion as temperature sensor?

Post by PoltoS »

Automated climate schedules are possible only for devices supporting family of Thermostat* Command Classes. For a Fibaro Relay you need to make your own scene or even scripts.

How can you do this (a draft):
1. Associate EZM with Z-Way and set up a desired wakeup interval.
2. Make a schedule to activate a scene every "wakeup time" (or better two-three times more often to account for wakeup time drift in the device).
3. The scene should make SensorMultilevel Get
4. Make a rule that traps reports from EZM and activate a scene
5. The scene should check the temperature value and run SwitchBinray Set command on Fibaro Relay depending on the decision
eligv

hi,

Post by eligv »

hi,
excuse my stupidity but I can not run the multisensor with temperature control fibaro. could give me an explanation graficacon the commands needed to implement it?
Thanks in advance.
PoltoS

Please give us more details

Post by PoltoS »

If you are referring to the Fibaro Universal Sensor, sorry, we have not tried it yet with Z-Way. Some people tested it, but did not yet.

Or you want to configure E-Z Motion in Fibaro Home Centre 2?
eligv

I with the temperature data

Post by eligv »

I with the temperature data from a sensor fibaro ezmotion activate a relay connected to a heater.

Reply explaining the steps above for the theory is clear. Do not apply it in practice.
A practical explanation would help me help my community and on the management and organization of activities to schedule.
How to create, how to relate, how to get, how to compare ...

z-cloud is a fantastic solution but requires expertise in configuration.

I encourage the entire community to share practical solutions as more and more teams are approved and z-wave solutions for z-coud run through different systems.

Thanks for the program and for the time.
PoltoS

Please check this small howto

Post by PoltoS »

A short explanation on how to setup Fibaro Universal sensor trigger Everspring module depending on measured temperature.
eligv

Hello,

Post by eligv »

Hello,
I followed the instructions for changing the script "ZWaveAPI.devices [9]. Instances [3]. Data.val.value = 24" to the routine off. Manually triggered the routine works. EZ Motion data are updated every minute on the system automatically.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks and "the force be with you."
PoltoS

Unfortunately we can not

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately we can not understand your question. Please be more concrete.Also note that instance and data starts from lowercase letters! And there are no spaces after a dot (.) and before a brace ([). And finally ZWaveAPI.devices [9]. Instances [3]> = 24 is wrong: should be ZWaveAPI.devices[9].instances[3].commandClasses[49].data.val.value> = 24 (49 if it is about SensorMultilevel).
eligv

solved!

Post by eligv »

solved!
The example uses the universal sensor. I use the EZmotion. The command class 49 not found in the users manual / Annex / command class. I understood that was specific universal sensor. after adding works!

Thank you!