Aeonlabs Miniremote configuration

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Please try again

Post by PoltoS »

After a direct talk with Aeonlabs team we found that latest firmware requires one more config parameter to work. So, we have updated the config file on the top of the page. Please download it and try again.Make sure your Z-Way controller is nodeId = 1. If it is not, change it in 8 lines:<deviceconfiguration id="-" instance="0" commandclass="9b" command="Set" parameter="[ 0, 1, [0x2B, 0x01, 11]]"/>After you import it, press apply and wake up your device, it should send events as expected.Enjoy your Aeonlabs Minimote!
Dvbit

Is it this?

Post by Dvbit »

Hello
I also have a key fob from AEON LABS.
Is this the device you are referencing?

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-key-fob-remote-control

If it is not can I use the same config file anyway

TY
Dvbit

Bump

Post by Dvbit »

Help
PoltoS

No, this is about Aeon

Post by PoltoS »

No, this is about Aeon minimote small remote. But basically it should apply to the fob too. We have not tested it yet.
Dvbit

Answer from AEON Support

Post by Dvbit »

I received the answer to a ticket opened to AEON

My Question:
Subject: Aeon ds22 keyfob

Message Body:
Hello
I am following the instructions to manage a fibaro fbs 221 dual load switch with the aeon key fob remote but it does not work.
I am able to include the first switch on any of the key fob buttons but there’s no way to manage switch2.
If I try the inclusion procedure always the first gets reincluded.

1) I click and hold down the desired key fob button
2) I triple click contact 1 on the fibaro (procedure to start inclusion on the fibaro)
3) Then turn on switch 1

The key fob acknowledges and I can manage the switch1

If I repeat the same and switch on switch2 atbstep 3 above… Always switch1 gets managed.

The network is composed by a zstick II on a synology nas managed through zwave.me software.

In zwave.me the key fob is recognized as a remote controller (interview of the device is correctly completed according to zwave.me).

I am posting this also on the zwave.me forum and I am available to give help in troubleshooting if needed.

I am waiting to be authorized on fibaro forum to post here too.

Thank you
Best regards

Here the answer:
Hi ,

Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for my late response.

Have you set the scene on a different button than the first switch? If not, try setting switch 2 to a different scene button on the keyfob.

"I see the fibaro switches are displayed as 2 switches under one unique device under the software control panel. Is it due to this reason that just one of the switches is recognized?"

- This may be a reason as to why this may be happening, but there might be a specific way to include the second switch onto a scene button. There may be a different method to utilizing switch 2 on the keyfob scene button.

- On typical binary switches, scenes can be saved in 2 manners. While saving a z-wave device setting to a scene, when you let go of the button while the switch is off, the scene will only turn off the device. If the device is on, then the switch can be turned on or off. This might have the same attribute to deal with 2 switches on 1 device.

As requested in your previous email, i have included the keyfob manual to this email.

Best Regards,

I am lost... any help is welcome.

If there's any way I can help testing the remote let me know.
I have medium (I worked at the start of my career in Unix Sys related stuff) experience in tech stuff on unix/linux.

If instructed I can help test it out.

TY
Dvbit

Oops

Post by Dvbit »

I read retoo fast and did not read "basically it should work too"
I cannot retry now but I will and post the result
Ty
Colin

Command execution failed due to some error on the server

Post by Colin »

After uploading the most recent configuration file from the top of this webpage, I too am still unable to get this device working. I get the following error message: "Error: Command execution failed due to some error on the server". Does anybody know how to get this device to work?
PoltoS

Are you using Z-Cloud or

Post by PoltoS »

Are you using Z-Cloud or RaZberry?
klirichek

Is any way exists to appy the same method using RaZberry?

Post by klirichek »

I've tried, but only message
"Command execution failed due to some error on the server: Internal Server Error"
Also, after importing the configuration, all lines below 70 class are displayed as
"Instance 0, unregistered Command Class 0x9b, Set[ 0, 1, [0x2B, 0x01, 11]]"
(html source looks like:

Instance 0, unregistered Command Class 0x9b, Set[ 0, 1, [0x2B, 0x01, 11]]

Is any runaround exists to set up the device?
Or, do you plan to support class 0x9B in near future?
PoltoS

The class 9b is not supported

Post by PoltoS »

The class 9b is not supported yet. It will be in future, but not scheduled yet, since it is rare. But you can send the command using our JS API: zway.SendData(nodeId, [0x9b, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x03, 0x2b, 0x01, 11])