Aeonlabs Miniremote configuration

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Re: Aeonlabs Miniremote configuration

Post by PoltoS »

Wake up your device!
deamn

Post by deamn »

Thanks for the answer, but the device is awake! The led on the minimote is blinking when I click the button "Save into device"... But the error still happens.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Then we need log. May be UI is buggy or device does not apply the configuration.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hello guys/gals,

same here, expert ui reports the device as awake, yet I can't seem to save the config to the device. Clicking Save simply shows the progress icon, then it disappers yet nothing happened. It simply doesn't seem to apply the configuration.

Logfile is attached, I cleaned it, rebooted and tried setting the parameters for the aeon labs minimote.

In case you need more data or more debugging, I am happy to provide more data.

Thanks and greetings,

rws
Attachments
log_minimote.zip
(87.13 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

let me add some details, I monitored the job queue, all commands get through to the device. I tried settings the parameters via the configuration tab and via expert commands, both doesn't get the job done. The Minimote is blinking when I wake it up and it blinks when buttons are long or short pressed. The job queue clears instantly when the device is woken up. But I don't get any events, though the trap events app is running and the ZME remote I use for blind control is working perfectly. Parameter 241 to 244 all are set to value 1 with two bytes length. For good measure 250 is set to 0 as well.

Anyone any Ideas what to try next? Help would be much appreciated

Greetings, rws
GinoSilber

Post by GinoSilber »

I have the Minimote and trying to include it in Z-Way without any success. I can't get the interview phase to complete. I have followed the above instructions without any luck.
My Minimote had firmware version 1.11. I performed a reset of my Minimote before inclusion.
I would like to use the Minimote as a scene controller, but can't even get it interviewed correctly.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Good Evening everbody,

I just updated to firmware 1.19 but nothing really changed. I excluded and re-included the remote to the network, but still, it simply won't send any events.

I can't really tell if the configuration commands are getting through. Can somebody help?

Help is much appreciated!

Regards,

rws
Attachments
2016-04-21 21_37_27-pi@raspberrypi_ ~.png
2016-04-21 21_37_27-pi@raspberrypi_ ~.png (106.43 KiB) Viewed 17773 times
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Ok gave up, returned the remote and replaced it with a Devolo battery operated wallswitch. As it is really a sleek device, I might try again a few revisions later.

Regards,
rws
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hello again,

after reading this post

viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=23445&p=62711&hi ... ote#p62711

I tried again. Got a new minimote, upgraded the firmware and included the minimote into my network.

Everything looked as before, grey, useless device. The advanced GUI showed the same four command classes as before. I chose the minimote US profile, btw.

Now, the interesting part: I used the expert command classes to first get parameter 250. Meanwhile, I observed the job queue and checked if the command got through. Crucial part was to wake up the remote by pressing "learn" for three seconds until the led stops flashing. Then, after checking the command got through I immediately set the parameter to 1 again, checking that the command got through.

And to my surprise, the buttons now send sends useable scenes. Perfect!

Just what I needed, and just wanted to let you know that it actually can work as it is supposed to.

Regards, rws
bse4792

Post by bse4792 »

PoltoS wrote:Aeonlabs Miniremote is a very enhanced device with lots of available functions, but unfortunately it is quite hard to configure. Here we preset a config file for Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box that configures it automatically to send SceneActivation commands to the controller. Using this config one can configure Z-Way to distinguish different buttons and short/long press on this remote. Download the configuration file (use Save link as in your browser), go to Device Configuration tab in Z-Way, choose Miniremote on the left, press on the Action with configurations link, press Import configuration from file button and select the downloaded file. Press Apply configuration for this device. You shall see that the Number of packaet to be sent will become non-zero. Wake up the device holding Learn button for three seconds. Once the config was uploaded to the remote, each button press will result in event comming to the Z-Way. To use it for scene switching in Z-Way go to Rules tab and make a rule that checks for event type Scene comming from the remote. The following IDs for scenes are used: ButtonsActions Short press Long press Left top 11 12 Right top 21 22 Left bottom 31 32 Right bottom 41 42 Note that using this config you are supposed to have Z-Way having nodeId = 1 (your original primary is Z-Way). This configuration switches the remote into so called "Scene" mode (according to Aeonlabs names of modes), which uses AssociationCommandConfiguration. You can configure the remote to do other things using this Command Class using configuration parameters 1-19, 21-39, ..., 121-139, 141-149. Parameters 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 and 140 are used by this configuration.UPDAnother usefull application of this device is the control of Fibaro FGS-221 double switch second channel. Use the following configuration file to make right top button send MultiChannel commands on channel two of node 1 (1:2). As described above, change nodeId, channelId and value of Basic Set to be sent on tap (and hold events as follows: [ 60 (40 for tab, 60 for hold), 1 (node Id), [0x60, 0x0d, 0x01, 0x02 (destination channel Id), 0x20, 0x01, 0x00 (value)]Have fun!
config file not available, why is it so hard to config this remote? is it not possible to make an app or something?

kind regards bse4792