Vision Security Zwave Door lock

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Liquid

Vision Security Zwave Door lock

Post by Liquid »

I have an EU Zwave door lock made by Vision Security http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/ha_pro ... 4_192.html

It detects it as a secure keypad and pulls some description info but to be useful I guess you need some information about the device to be able to make a device description record to enable it's use in Z-Cloud.

What can I do to get you guys what is needed?
PoltoS

Secure kaypads aneasily, we d doorlocks are not tested well yet.

Post by PoltoS »

It woud be great to get the device. If we will not be able to get it, you can provide us with description file generated by Z-Cloud. This can be done by going to Expert mode and clicking Generate (and Show) Device description file in the section Advanced actions in Device Configuration tab. Copy of manual (in PDF) would be also needed.
Liquid

Information

Post by Liquid »

What is the best way to supply that information? The lock is currently securing a door since it also works with a good old fashioned key. I was able to control and program codes using another zwave package so I'm happy it's working. However in Z-Cloud it complains that the interview is not complete and I should wake it up. Nothing I seem to do wakes it up and the Device description looks pretty bare.

Any suggestions on what I could try next?
Liquid

There was a description record

Post by Liquid »

Looks like the post above has had the XML filtered out so here it is again.

PoltoS

This XML contains no information about manufacturer

Post by PoltoS »

Please try to re-interview the device and if it passes the interview better (probably still not completely), send us a copy of the XML, please.We have updated the Z-Cloud version today, so it might happen that your device is better supported now. There is still no user friendly interface for door locks, but in expert mode it should be possible to use it.Please report us your advances. Feel free to contact us by email on info@z-wave.me