Danfoss living connect implementation error?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
zeimon

Maybe i didnt explain it good

Post by zeimon »

Maybe i didnt explain it good enough.

I am aware that the setpoint temp of 18c is shown in the display of the Danfoss Living. The temperature doesnt change in the room, as measured with a analog thermostat. And the radiator doesnt switch on.

PoltoS

In the files you sent us we

Post by PoltoS »

In the files you sent us we see that the schedule was properly delivered to the thermostat. So, all questions are to be addressed to Danfoss. Unfortunately the Danfoss living connect is so smart, that we can not even predict it's behavior and Danfoss do not share this info with us and customers. So we apologize, but we can not explain this, since it is beyond Z-Way and it's communications with the device.
pz1

What is Z-wave compliance worth?

Post by pz1 »

Dear Serguei,
I fully understand your frustration with Danfoss.
I do run in the same problem. I have set a temperature schedule for the whole week (all days the same for now). Nothing happens! In the Zwave>Me console I can read the data of the ClimateControlSchedule Command. However this is what Zway has sent to the DLC, which not necessarily is what is actually stored in the device.

I do not think it is fair to revert individual users to Danfoss. Both Danfoss and your organisation are members of the Zwave-Alliance. So customers may expect that you both subscibe to what the alliance says about interoperability. So both Danfoss and you have the moral, if not legal, obligation to resolve this problem together. As a customer I may expect that the Z-Wave alliance will take up an active role in mediation between you if necessary. If not, the alliance and it's commitment to interoperability is just a dead letter, and hence meaningless to customers.
Let me once more quote the Living connect datasheet:
living connect® is a electronic radiator thermostat. It can be controlled by either a Danfoss Link TM CC (Central Controller) or a Z-Wave certified controller. Taken strictly it says nothing more than that you could control it with a simple remote controller like your "Z-Wave.Me Key Fob". But, as a customer or third party developer, I think I reasonable may expect that there can exist a third party software which faithfully controls the functionality as described in that datasheet.

From what I have read on other Home Automation fora, where people report similar issues as one sees here, I infer that the core problem is with Danfoss, and the Zwave Alliance not taking its responsibility.
So please do not interpret this as bashing on Zwave.me. As I have stated before several times I highly appreciate this activity, which has helped me and numerous people to learn about Z-wave based devices.

I am curious about responses from both Danfoss and the Z-Wave alliance.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

I totally agree with you, but

Post by PoltoS »

I totally agree with you, but unfortunately we are way to small to influence Danfoss. As for the Alliance, Danfos is one of 6 principal members, so they have a big influence on Z-Wave Alliance too ;)

Another interesting note: The Climate Schedule Control Command Class (the set of commands used in living connect to set up schedules) is discontinued. It was introduced in the Z-Wave protocol by Danfoss and made obsolete this year by Sigma Designs replaced by more universal and better designed set of commands. So, Z-Way is the first and will be the only software to support Climate Schedule Control CC.

As a geek hint we can suggest to remove Climate Schedule Control CC support from Z-Way and re-include the device to let it know that the controller do not support Climate Schedule Control CC. This will force both to use Thermostat SetPoint CC only and emulate schedules on Z-Way instead of sending them to the thermostat.

We will post here a notice how to do it quite soon. Unfortunately this requires small change in Z-Way/Z-Cloud. That's why it is not possible to post right now.
pz1

Looking forward to try your solution

Post by pz1 »

I am looking forward to try your solution. Thanks
pz1

Can you make an estimate when

Post by pz1 »

Can you make an estimate when the recipe for a work around for the Climate Schedule Command Class will be available? If you have an early beta, you may send it to my private mail for me to test it
PoltoS

We will do it on weekends.

Post by PoltoS »

We will do it on weekends.
PoltoS

Please test

Post by PoltoS »

Here is the trick. Please test and report if it works as described.
pz1

Applying "trick" not completely successfull

Post by pz1 »

I excluded the device. Next applied the trick. RE-included the device. At this point a script hung, so I had to restart My Z-Connector.
After the Z-Connector was restarted I noticed that in the Experts View I did indeed not see the Climate Schedule Control Command Class.
Unfortunately I cannot set automatic control either. The manual control is set to 21 C. According to the temp schedule it should be set to 23.
Edit: Solved the problem with automatic control in the meantime. I forgot to move the DLC to the appropriate zone :(
Edit2: I can switch fro manual to automatic now, but in automatic mode the indicated temperature stays on 18C instead of 23C what it should be. If I try to set it a bit warmer, I do get en error which tells me that there is no temperature schedule assigened.
PoltoS

Haven't you forgot to activate a climate schedule?

Post by PoltoS »

The only problem we expetienced with DLC after appliying the trick is that it does not wakes up as expected (the period is much greater then the one choosen in Wakeup configuration.