Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal Sensor

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal Sensor

Post by pz1 »

Last week I came across the Fibaro FGBS-001 (http://www.fibaro.com/en/support) Universal Sensor. At first sight it seems to me a very useful product. I do have some sun shades on my roof top, which are controlled by a Somfy Telis RTS RF Remote hand held control. I could imagine to operate the two buttons with the contacts of the FGBS-001. Conditions like rain sensor and temperature could be measured as well via the FGBS.
Not a pressing need for me at the moment, but it looks like a useful device to connect many more pieces of older hardware to a Z-Wave mesh.
I am aware the device has only recently been introduced, and I haven't seen it yet in the Pepper-one database. Any plans to support it sometime? I guess it is a relatively complex device to incorporate.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

The device should be supported out of the box

Post by PoltoS »

It was tested with Z-Way/Z-Cloud and it works, since conforms to Z-Wave specifications. Indeed, the database item is not created yet. We will do it once we have the device in hands. The only advantage of this database item is the easy to use user interface for configuration and verbal descriptions of association groups. If you feel yourself comfortable, you can use Expert Commands tab to configure the device (using Configuration Command Class) looking into the manual for description of parameters.

The device is indeed very interesting!
capof

Is it possible to have more

Post by capof »

Is it possible to have more explanation, or how to do it ?

basicly, only sensor 1 & 2 are available and works.

thx

PoltoS

We have not tested it yet to be able to provide you more info

Post by PoltoS »

We are planning to test it soon.
hetbeest

How soon

Post by hetbeest »

I've bought one too, to intercept my (old) alarm sensors. It would be lovely to have it integrated in zwave.me.
PoltoS

We have still not tested the

Post by PoltoS »

We have still not tested the device. Doesn't it work out of the box?
krambriw

I have tested it and works

Post by krambriw »

I have tested it and works fine
+ triggering inputs toggles event message and activate/deactivate the related output
+ temperature measuring works fine on the 1-wire
- control & reading of outputs seems not to be supported
pz1

The impossibility to read and

Post by pz1 »

The impossibility to read and control the digital outputs is indeed a big minus for this device. I should have read the specs better before I bought it:(
Maybe some time I'll use it as a temperature sensors.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
martinpreiss

Add to Z-Cloud

Post by martinpreiss »

PoltoS

it should be included. if not

Post by PoltoS »

it should be included. if not, you can go to ZDDX folder and run ./UpdateXMLs.sh