Duwi plug adaptor switch ZW ZS3500 lost configuration

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Duwi plug adaptor switch ZW ZS3500 lost configuration

Post by pz1 »

After a power outage of one and a half our my duwi plug adaptor switch reports Device interview not complete in the device status overview. Aren't these values stored off line? I thought a device interview is done only once at inclusion time? Apparantly not, or is this an error?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Interview data should survive disconnection

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed, these data are stored offline and are saved in files during server stop. May be something was wrong with this.

Please check that all other data changes are restored correctly. If not - we will have to check your instance of Z-Cloud. We remember you complained on some problems with scene activation. May be these problems comes from common source.
pz1

I tried to read the backup

Post by pz1 »

I tried to read the backup file, but my notepad, MSWord and Libreoffice Writer apparantly don't know the .zbk format.
PoltoS

it's a tgz renamed to zbk ;)

Post by PoltoS »

it's a tgz renamed to zbk ;)
pz1

Hadn't thought of it being a

Post by pz1 »

Hadn't thought of it being a compressed file :) So 7Zip did the trick for me.
There are a number of xml configuration files, which seem ok at superficial inspection. I also found a xxxx-DevicesData.xml (xxxx stands for some magic number). This file starts with a very long first line contaning many tagged items:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><devicesData><areasData><data invalidateTime="1343210417" name="" type="str" updateTime="1343210416" value="''"><data invalidateTime="1343210417" name="1" type="...etc">"
Mostly in xml files an end tag is followed by a new line. But not so in this file. This first part is hard to comprehend for a human. Is this a sign something has gone wrong? Later on in the file the structure looks normal, but there are a few more of these very long lines. (I can send the the whole file if needed)
PoltoS

Why do you want to dig so deep into these files?

Post by PoltoS »

XML do not need to have new line after each tag. We rely on XML lbraries, which do all the job for us. And new lines and paddings waste file size for nothing. If you really want to inspect the file, have a look on it in XML editors or in Chome / FireFox. They will allow to expand/collapse tags.

But again, this is not to be read by human beings! Just close it and forget all you have seen ;)

What are you searching in these files? The reason of interview not being saved? It is certainly not there. Log file will probably show much more.

If you describe us the problem in more details, show how to reporoduce it and even give access to your Z-Cloud instance, we would be able to analyze it with more success.