ZME Flush Mountable Dimmer Paramter Configuration Problem

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
geekazoid

ZME Flush Mountable Dimmer Paramter Configuration Problem

Post by geekazoid »

Hi, I bought a couple of your Dimmers and Wall Controllers (~20 in summary). Great devices!!! I am using a micasaverde Vera2 as controller...

However, I have a problem with one of them.

All the others list this under capabilities:
211,156,0,4,17,1,L,R,B,RS,|32,38:2,39,112,114,117,119,133,134,135,142,

One of them lists this:
211,156,0,4,17,1,L,R,B,RS,|1,114,117,119,133,134,135,142,

The reason I discovered this is because I wanted paramter 7 set to 1 on all of my dimmers (push up when already on dimms to highest level). This worked fine on all of them except the one. The troublemaker shows 1 as desired value but leaves current value blank. As a result the special gimmick does not work.

I tried reconfiguring it, excluding it from the network and reincluding it... doesn't change.

Could it be that this one has not been flashed correctly with your enhanced firmware?
Should I just return it to the reseller and get a new one?

Kind regards, Andi
PoltoS

Have you tried to exclude and include the device back?

Post by PoltoS »

There might be two problems:
1) NIF packet was corrupted during inclusion. This can happen in theory that the packet checksum was correct, but the packet received from the device was not (there is a 1/256 probability of such case). In that case try to re-include the device in Vera. May be even without exclusion. Not sure for it is done in Vera.
2) There might be firmware upgrade problem. Quite unlikely, but possible in theory. In such case you should return it to get a replacement.

First of all try re-inclusion. This will certainly help.
geekazoid

Include and Exclude...

Post by geekazoid »

Yes I have. But I'll try again and let you know about the outcome.

Thanks! Kind regards, Andi
geekazoid

No success...

Post by geekazoid »

I excluded and included the device 2 more times with the same outcome. Seems like something is wrong with it. Luckily I already have a spare device and which I will mount tomorrow. :-)
PoltoS

Send the device back to your

Post by PoltoS »

Send the device back to your shop. We will change it