ZME Wall Controller + Düwi Everluxe Paddle

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
geekazoid

ZME Wall Controller + Düwi Everluxe Paddle

Post by geekazoid »

Hi, I have another Problem, but this time it's the Wall Controller in combination with the Düwi Everluxe Paddle. On 4 out of 5 wall controllers, the paddles get stuck. Seems like this happens because there is no distance at all between paddle and controller.

Do you have a quick fix recommendation for me like "sanding of a layer of plastic somewhere" or "cut away the tip of the rubber-switch.

Kind regards, Andi
PoltoS

This is probably a new

Post by PoltoS »

This is probably a new problem from Duwi. Previously they had the opposite problem - falling paddle. They claim to have fixed this several months ago. It seems that they overdid it ;)

No solution yet - we will investigate this problem.
geekazoid

I am having a conversation with zwave4u now...

Post by geekazoid »

I described my problem to zwave4u. Correct me if I am wrong: REV told me that zwave4u are the owners of the original product.

Their quick answer after the weekend was that their technicians have no short-term solution for the problem. I keep asking questions and try to get more information on the topic. I'll let you know about the progress.

If there is no hint for a solution I will try to fix it myself. If I fail (sadly) I will remove and return all devices.

Damn, they are really nice, especially with your firmware... but without paddles... :-/
PoltoS

Indeed, the original plastics

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed, the original plastics (and the h/w of the device) omes from REV (Duwi is their department). So, we have little influence on them, Our colleagues in warehouse have tested 10 pieces and half of them had the problem. However after a little bit of moving they all worked. Please try to move it, detach-attach.
geekazoid

Did not work for me...

Post by geekazoid »

I tried ~50 times per controller but it didn't solve the problem. So I followed my original intention and fixed the problem with a really sharp knife. I cut off a thin layer from one of the buttons. If this didn't help I cut off a layer from the other button...

Problem solved, they don't get stuck anymore. Thanks for your effort!
anthonycook

I had a similar problem with

Post by anthonycook »

I had a similar problem with the Arcada paddles on the controller. I have developed a solution which may work for you but try at your own risk!

My solution is to hold the paddle in the down position and insert a flat screwdriver under the top of the paddle and gently lever it out but without applying too much force so that the paddle pops off. Release and try the paddle both ways to see if it works properly. If not fixed then repeat the process holding the paddle in the up position and levering under the botton of the paddle. If not fixed then repeat the process!

I'm assuming that this process works because it allows the rubber buttons to temporarily disengage from the paddle and align themselves properly so that they do not get stuck in the button opernings.

AC