GE SECURITY IS-ZW-TSTAT-100 BASIC THERMOSTAT

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
gdselzer

GE SECURITY IS-ZW-TSTAT-100 BASIC THERMOSTAT

Post by gdselzer »

I have this thermostat and I am trying to add to it my network. When I do so, it is recognized as General Thermostat V2, but not fully implemented. I assume this is because it is not in the list of devices offered when I choose "Select Device Description Record." What can I do to get this device added?

Thanks
PoltoS

The Device Description Record

Post by PoltoS »

The Device Description Record is needed only to be able to configure the device in a more easy way. Basically, even without this record a device can be operated. But the fact of absence also means the device was never tested in Z-Cloud. Unfortunatelly we had no time to test with all US devices.

Please specify what is not supported? Is the interview of the device completed? If not, it will lack support of some functions, but it also means the device might break Z-Wave standards. To be sure try to wake it up several times to compleate the interview (we suppose it is a battery device).
gdselzer

Right now the only thing

Post by gdselzer »

Right now the only thing supported by the device is that it is reporting the current temp. Otherwise, I have no options to do anything else.

Indeed, under Device Control > Devices Status, there is a note that the interview is not complete. Clicking on the icon gives me the Interview Results pop-up. This shows that all Command Classes have completed the interview EXCEPT for Version. When I try to Force re-interview, nothing appears to change. The device is listed as a "Frequently listening battery operated device." I don't think that type of devices needs to be waken up, right? I also went into For Experts > Expert Commands and pressed the Get and CommandClassVersionGet buttons with no result.

I am happy to help test and get this device supported in your app. Please let me know what you need from me.
PoltoS

FLiRS (Frequently Listening

Post by PoltoS »

FLiRS (Frequently Listening Routing Slave) can give the problem. Make sure your stick is based on SDK 5.0x (check in Controller Infom tab). Otherwise it certainly can not speak to FLiRS devices. Also make sure tu have some more slave devices in between, since the stick can not directy communicate with a FLiRS (it is a restriction comming from underground of the Z-Wave protocol).

Basically, the device is not supposed to pass interview of other Command Classes until Version is done. May be you have forced them?
gdselzer

The controller is based on

Post by gdselzer »

The controller is based on SDK 5.02. I have 1 other slave currently, an outdoor binary switch. I did force the re-interview of the other Command Classes from the Interview results page. I re-included the device and now nothing is showing for the interview.

Where do I go from here? Thanks
gdselzer

Log file

Post by gdselzer »

I can't figure out how to access the log file to copy and paste it, but here is a screenshot of my log when I try to re-interview the thermostat (it is device 5.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21742748/2013-01-07-logfile.png

Please let me know what else I can provide to continue troubleshooting this.
PoltoS

There are nothing critical in

Post by PoltoS »

There are nothing critical in the log, except that I don't see interview continuation. Woul be great if you show us a screenshot of device data (click on device name in interview results window). Please make both popups visible on same screennshot.
gdselzer

Is it possible that it is my Tricklestar stick?

Post by gdselzer »

I just included a CT-30 thermostat and it will also not complete the interview. Virtually the same issue.
PoltoS

We do not see sensor250 and

Post by PoltoS »

We do not see sensor250 and sesor1000 values in device data. Please tell me if one of them is true.

Also please make a screenshot of queue inspector during Force Interview process.