CT30 Thermostat problem

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
gdselzer

CT30 Thermostat problem

Post by gdselzer »

I am having problems with getting a  CT30 thermostat to work as I want.  I feel I should disclose the distinct possibility that I do not fully understand the Climate control in Zway.

When I set the Thermostat to Manual in Zway and control the Set Temp using just the interface on the thermostat itself, all works as expected.  If I set Zway to control the thermostat the temp shown in "Device Control">Thermostats does not match what I put in the Climate Schedule. Further, it is showing the Temperature in Fahrenheit, even though the CT30 is showing Celsius and the Climate Schedule is set in Celsius. I put 20 degrees C in the Climate Schedule, but the Thermostat info says "67 grd F" for the Maintained Temp and "(20+47)" for the calculated temp.    When in Automatic mode, if I try to adjust the temp up or down the display momentarily shows the correct information in red 25 and (20+5), but then quickly goes back to 67 and stays there. The Target Temp on the thermostat goes to 01.5 degrees when I try to make adjustments from Zway.

When watching the log file, I do not see anything odd. It reports that the temp changes have been set. Am I doing something wrong?
PoltoS

It seems that Z-Way have some

Post by PoltoS »

It seems that Z-Way have some problems with F units - it assumes temperture is in C. We have tried only once to test Z-Way against US thermostat and it worked, so it is strange that this one does not. A debug log might reveal the problem.
e-nando

Same problem with a CT100

Post by e-nando »

I have the same problem with a CT00 Thermostat (US). The temperatures are correctly shown in Z-Way in deg. C, but the thermostat needs to be set in deg. F and Z-Way sends the temp in deg. C. The thermostat simply ignores the deg. C values as they're below the min for the thermostat.

Need a setting in Z-Way to force sending temperatures in deg. F to the thermostat.

Thanks!
PoltoS

This problem is fixed in our

Post by PoltoS »

This problem is fixed in our internal beta. This beta will be published next week and become release by the begining of august
dpmcgarry

Fix?

Post by dpmcgarry »

When is this fix getting released? It's almost September now...
PoltoS

The beta v1.4-rc1 is out for

Post by PoltoS »

The beta v1.4-rc1 is out for quite some time, but will become stable after we fix some problems in it.
dpmcgarry

Is it possible for me to

Post by dpmcgarry »

Is it possible for me to download the beta to try it out? Where can I get it?
Thanks
PoltoS

Now v1.4 is out - upgrade

Post by PoltoS »

Now v1.4 is out - upgrade your s/w.

http://en.z-wave.me/content/new-version ... y-released