kwikset can't pass security interview EVERRRR

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
enry

kwikset can't pass security interview EVERRRR

Post by enry »

Hi,

I cannot get this POS lock http://www.kwikset.com/products/details ... 5-smt.aspx to pass security interview.

- Yes I have excluded + re-included about 1000 times
- Yes I have tried updating, tried 1.4.1 through 1.5.0, not I'm on 1.5.0 (not rc)
- Yes I have tried to force security interview
- I have even rm -rf /opt/z-way-server and re-installed

What should I do? Would logs help?

Thanks,

Enry
PoltoS

Re: kwikset can't pass security interview EVERRRR

Post by PoltoS »

yes, 50 lines of log after first Nonce Get
enry

Post by enry »

Thanks for the reply PoltoS. In the end, I got it working.

<sarcasm> It's really simple: </sarcasm>

1) I took my old SD card and put it away
2) I installed NOOBS ==> raspbian on a fresh SD card
3) Install z-wave using the normal procedure wget http://.../install | bash
4) Now with a new completely fresh system, magically :
a) The "expert" GUI has all kinds of juicy stuff that wasn't appearing before
b) More importantly, it !@$#!$ works

So.. pretty please, with sugar on top; can someone please explain mere mortal NOOBS heh) like me:

a) Where on earth (or specifically, on the SD card) does z-way-server store things? Before anyone answers (goofy voice): "gorsh enry, it's opt/z-way-server", please read my next point....

b) Why is it that rm -rf /opt/ did not obliterate everything z-wave related to its initial state (I was still seeing the "old" GUI despite upgrading to the latest and YES I cleared by browser cache about eleventy billion times)

c) Did I magically need to use a new OS version? Bear in mind, it was working *with other locks* before I wasted 5 hours of my life troubleshooting+reinstalling. After reinstalling, all that changes really, is that I have a slightly newer rasbian version (previous one wasn't more than 4 months old).

d) WHYYY???

Many thanks and best regards.

-E
pofs

Post by pofs »

a) It is /opt/z-way-server. No, seriously :)

b) What kind of "juicy stuff" you're talking about? There were no major updates in the Expert UI for a long time already. Note that expert (blue) UI has two modes: "normal" and "expert". Maybe you just clicked the mode switch button and didn't notice it?

c) It shouldn't depend on OS version at all.

d) You've probably just found the version which is okay with your lock.

Have you stopped the service before, or rebooted raspberry after removing/reinstalling /opt/z-way-server? After you removed z-way-server dir with rm, install script doesn't know the older version is installed, so it doesn't make an attempt to stop running service. So the old service process might be still running after removing the directory, so even if you reinstalled it over, the older version was still in effect.
Reinstalling the entire system obviously made you use a cleanly installed server version.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

I appear to have several directories for z-way-server. Should I be deleting the older ones or is there some sort of cleanup recommended???
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The installer/updater just make a backup, so you can fallback just in case. We do not clean them to let you decide.

Please open new threads for new questions. Othereise it is a mess!