Forest Motorized System

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
johnm

Forest Motorized System

Post by johnm »

Hello, I purchased the Razberry so that I can connect it to a motorized curtain track system. I've been unable to pair them together. This is the curtain: http://www.forestgroup.nl/products/FMS.html. It has the z-wave controller and I have a z-wave remote controller that works. The manual for the Forest system is http://www.forestgroup.nl/products/pdf/ ... MS_BCS.pdf, page 21 for Z-Wave.

What I'm doing on the Razberry is I'm clicking "(Re-)include device" and then I'm pressing the button on the z-wave controller. I've tried pressing it once or triple clicking.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
pofs

Re: Forest Motorized System

Post by pofs »

Try excluding it first, then including.
johnm

Post by johnm »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean, how can I exclude it when it never showed up on the razberry?
pofs

Post by pofs »

Exclusion can be done by any controller, not necessary the same used for inclusion. It makes device forget the network it was previously included, so it can be included into other network.

Just press exclude button in RaZberry UI, then press button on device as if you're including it. RaZberry should react to it and write the device was excluded. Then press (re-)include button and do the same to include it. Now it should appear in UI.
johnm

Post by johnm »

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

After excluding it, now I got the Razberry to connect to it. However the original remote control doesn't work, and the instructions on pairing it with the curtain system don't work. Is that because the curtain system will now only talk to the Razberry? If so, is there a way to make the remote talk again to the curtain system, or the Razberry at least? I tried to search for this online but couldn't find information.
pofs

Post by pofs »

Yes, after pairing device gets a new Home ID from controller, so it doesn't work with the old one.

I think you should include original remote as a secondary controller. Actions should be the same as pairing with second remote control (described in manual), but you press (re-)include on RaZberry instead of pressing buttons on main remote.
johnm

Post by johnm »

Thanks, I followed that and Razberry UI saw the remote. However I spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to get the remote to control the blinds so that I can avoid bugging you with more questions :) I failed though!

I saw the Razberry docs talking about associations, which seems like what I need. However in the UI I couldn't figure out how to associate the remote and the blinds.
pofs

Post by pofs »

You need use expert commands as there's no valid device description for your remote. Try to include your blinds into association group 1 of your remote.

Maybe there's a way to do it by pressing some buttons on remote, refer to the manual for that.
johnm

Post by johnm »

I don't see anywhere to edit the association of either the curtain or remote? I've attached screenshots to show you what I'm seeing.
Attachments
expert commands curtain.PNG
expert commands curtain.PNG (131.24 KiB) Viewed 12858 times
expert commands remote.PNG
expert commands remote.PNG (42.17 KiB) Viewed 12858 times
device configuration.PNG
device configuration.PNG (144.25 KiB) Viewed 12858 times
johnm

Post by johnm »

by the way, I was looking around the z-wave website gallery and I found that my remote is just a rebranded version of http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/259. The Z-Wave Certification # printed on the back of my remote is the same as the one linked to from above (http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/259/pics). The PDF also includes:

Z-Wave Technical Information
Z-Wave Frequency: United States
Z-Wave Device Class: GENERIC_TYPE_GENERIC_CONTROLLER / SPECIFIC_TYPE_NOT_USED
Z-Wave Supported Command Classes: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_CONTROLLER_REPLICATION,
COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION,
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
Z-Wave Controlled Command Classes:

Is there a way to manually create an entry for the Razberry UI to import this?

Thanks