Associations with Q-Ring and Fibaro FGS-211 Relay

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
fred@lupper.de

Associations with Q-Ring and Fibaro FGS-211 Relay

Post by fred@lupper.de »

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have already included a couple of devices with Razberry Controller so far and quite
happy with it. But now I got stuck with defining associations between devices, a Qees Q-Ring and a Fibaro FGS-211 2 x 1,5 kw relay switch.

1. The insertion of the Q-Ring went well. I defined an association for the Button 1 and assigned the Razberry and a Fibaro Wall Plug FGWPE 101 with it. Now when I press the Button 1 on the Q-Ring, nothing happens on the Wall Plug. However under device control, devices status (blue expert GUI) I can see that there was communication between the device and the RaZberry. Funny thing is that when I switch on the Fibaro Wall Plug via the GUI, I can turn it off via the Q-Ring by double pressing Button 1!

My questions:
- Is this a known problem of the Fibaro Wall Plug, Razberry, Q-Ring?
- How can debug this problem on Razberry? Is there a tracing method so that I can see what is going back and forth between Q-Ring, Razberry and the Fibaro Wall Plug? Is it possible to trace the communication between associated devices at all?

2. I have some Fibaro FGS-211 Relay with 2x1,5kw switches inside. How can I associate the different switches of the device with different buttons of the Q-Ring? When I pull the device to the Button group, it appears as only 1 device, although it has 2 relays?! Any idea what can be done here?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Fred
fred@lupper.de

Re: Associations with Q-Ring and Fibaro FGS-211 Relay

Post by fred@lupper.de »

Hi,

I have an update:

I checked the logs and found out that the Q-Ring sends a Class SceneActivation(0x2B/43) command instead of a
Command Class Basic (0x20/32) command when a button is pressed once. On a double click the correct command is
sent.

I am not sure if this is configurable or just a FW bug?!

BR,

Fred
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The device might be pre-configured so. Check the manual.I'm surprised to see Qees back - we have not touched their devices for more than two years!
sbi

Post by sbi »

Sorry to wake-up an old thread. I purchased two Qees Ring and I can't find much documentation.

I could associate it with a Fibaro switch, but it only sends Scene Activation commands to the controller and does not activate the switch.

Is there a known way to configure the Qees Ring to activate switches instead of sending scene activation commands?