Linear GD00Z-X Garage Door Opener

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
digitaldan

Linear GD00Z-X Garage Door Opener

Post by digitaldan »

Hi, Lowes is selling the Linear GD00Z-X Garage Door Opener under their Iris brand for $99. This device uses the new Motorized Barrier Command Class. Will zway support this anytime soon? More info at http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/584 . Thanks!
pofs

Re: Linear GD00Z-X Garage Door Opener

Post by pofs »

We're currently busy with certification and the next major release, and we haven't got such a device in our hands yet. So I'm pretty sure it won't be supported in the next couple of months.

This command class is very new, and there's no much devices supporting it. It is even possible Linear is the only device supporting it for now. Furthermore, it seems to be a US-only device. Of course, it will be supported eventually, but I can't tell any estimate.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

Any updates on this?
rsebes

Post by rsebes »

Also, Looking for updates on this. I have purchased and have had the GD00Z-1 installed for about a month and am waiting for compatibility. I know this is a newer product but it has been a while since any word has been made on this.
pofs

Post by pofs »

Not yet.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

I am curious how you like it? Is the Razberry detecting it, can you poll anything in the Expert UI?
According to the product description it seems like all the door logic is encapsulated and all it needs is a simple on/off to open/close, it would be cool if one could just treat is a binary switch and get it to work that way.
rsebes wrote:Also, Looking for updates on this. I have purchased and have had the GD00Z-1 installed for about a month and am waiting for compatibility. I know this is a newer product but it has been a while since any word has been made on this.
rsebes

Post by rsebes »

The device seems to be very well made, and it appears to have some great potential. It has successfully been included into the network. Interview completed no problems. I'm able to get the association to update for the door sensor. Unfortunately, I'm still learning about the z-way stack and how things are structured. So no real functionality just yet. I've only just recently been bitten by the home automation bug but I'm sure someone out there already has this working. I'm a programmer by trade and familiar with C, C++ and everything web so it's just a matter of time before I get this working. I'm running the RPi on 2.0.0. I'm upgrading to 2.0.1 tonight. I have my fingers crossed as tomorrow is my bday.
evergreen

Post by evergreen »

+1 to wanting Barrier Operator support. I have this device included and interviewed without issue. If we had basic CC support for barrier operator I would be willing to assist with the automation support as well as testing. I have seen the implementation for SmartThings for this. Would be great to have low level support for this.
RottenMutt

Post by RottenMutt »

I just received mine from homeseer, and it is the GD00Z-4 (date code 14223, H/W rev A, F/W ver 1.2) and box is marked Barrier Operator Command Class, mine doesn't say Motorized so maybe i'm in luck.

I'm new to the community and waiting for the parts to build my raspberry Pi and razberry. Unfortunately it looks like i will have to wait for support for the garage door controller, but looks like there is a lot of eager people willing to do some work.

I have received my Yale keyless touch pad locks and am waiting for light switches and thermostats, let the fun begin. :D
RottenMutt

Post by RottenMutt »

How does HomeSeer compare to Z-Way?

It appears that GD00Z just takes a while to detect, perhaps sometimes beyond the 10 second timeout period. See http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla/s ... gi?id=2086
Last edited by RottenMutt on 04 Feb 2015 04:31, edited 1 time in total.