Problematic Z-Wave devices list

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Re: Problematic Z-Wave devices list

Post by pz1 »

pofs wrote:That list seems to have no single device incompatible with Z-Way :) Probably it is not very accurate.
I did find many e-shops with lists that are highly inaccurate about compatibility unfortunately. Both positive and negative verdicts were not correct.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Added Z-Wave.me Merten Connect 505/6xxx to the problematic devices list
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

From the post you refer to it looks like the device is not a problem with Z-Way, but is with other devices (means it can not contol other than Merten). But Z-Way can catch events from it and handles them
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Added your note to the list in the first post
CrazyFin

Post by CrazyFin »

PoltoS wrote:From the post you refer to it looks like the device is not a problem with Z-Way, but is with other devices (means it can not contol other than Merten). But Z-Way can catch events from it and handles them
;) Sorry but I don't really agree. I have tested with for example Indigo Domotics on MAC and I have no problem to create direct associations between both paddles and a device I want to control. The problem is that I can not get status updates for both paddles in the GUI.
Z-Way works better in the way that it actually is able to display events for both paddles BUT Z-Way is not able to to direct associations to control other devices directly.

EDIT:
Was now able to do associations! :-) Using Expert Commands tab I was able to associate for example left paddle directly with a dimmer and when removing the association for left paddle to the controller it was now possible to dim up and down.
Interview stage still shows one final dot as incomplete which causes the Merten switch not being visible in the standard GUI of Z-Way.

All other z-wave based home automation platforms I have tested has issues in either way and all of them (including Z-Way) has the problem that if one wants to get updates/events of paddle press into for example Z-Way then I have to associate each group (A to D on the dual paddle version) to the controller as well. BUT when doing this the Merten switch LOOSES the dimming functionality and works only as an ON/OFF switch?! :o
If I remove the associations to the controller and use direct associations with devices to be controlled then dimming works fine. Sooo strange! :roll:

AND to make things even more messy:
If I use the Merten USB Z-Wave stick and use their programming software for inclusion and creating associations then status updates and everything else just works perfect!
Is Merten using some special custom classes not documented that is causing these issues with other software platforms and USB sticks than Mertens own?

See more in my thread about these Merten 5051xx/5052xx (newer models called 5071xx/5072xx) where the 1 means the one paddle version and 2 means the 2 paddle version.
viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=22684