FGRM 222 and Venetian blinds

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
nic_rt

FGRM 222 and Venetian blinds

Post by nic_rt »

Dear all,
I'm using a Fibaro FGRM 222 for my venetian blind.

In the smarthome UI I have 4 objects :

- Meter Electric 19-0-50-0 Fibar Group
- Meter Electric 19-0-50-2 Fibar Group
- Sensor Power 19-0-49-4 Fibar Group
- blind Switch multilevel

The last one allows me to open/close or to choose the opening of the blind but it doesn't allow to decide the orientation of the lamellas.

The FGRM 222 is well configurated I think (parameter 10 set to 2) and is calibrated (if I choose 50% the blind is going down to the half way).

I've momentary switches on my wall allowing ventian lamellas to change of orientation when holding buttons. Short press allows going dow/up/stop.

So I'm looking for help in order to be able to have one more switch multilevel dedicated to the control of the lamellas orientation.
I d'idn't find/understand how to manage that. :oops:
Many thanks in advance for your answers !
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
hribaro1

Re: FGRM 222 and Venetian blinds

Post by hribaro1 »

I have seen a MiCasaVerde forum on how to resolve this http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=24050.0
by sending a low level SendData command to the FGRM

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1","SendData",{Node="<zwave node id>", Data="145 1 15 38 1 1 0" .. tilt}, 1 )

Any idea how to send such a low level command through z-way?

Thanks
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Thanks hribaro1, interesting path to explore.
I've tried to check what are the parametres of the commandClass #145 as suggested in the link you posted, using this :

http://RazberryIP:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/dev ... lasses[145]
I get "null" as answer, like if this command class doesn't exist....

May be someone will be better than me with that!
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
pofs

Post by pofs »

Command class 145 is Manufacturer Proprietary, it is not standardized and not supported directly in Z-Way.
But you also can send a low-level SendData in a similar way:

Code: Select all

http://.../ZWaveAPI/Run/SendData(node_id, [ 145, 1, 15, 38, 1, 1, 0, whatever ])
or from JS:

Code: Select all

zway.SendData(node_id, [ 145, 1, 15, 38, 1, 1, 0, whatever ]);
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Waouh, it works! :D
I have used your recommendations and I've created a SwitchMultiLevel Code Device that allows me now to set the tilt angle of the lamellas ! :D
Many, many thanks !

One more question, I don't have feedback, as I don't know how to request the current value of the tilt (i.e. the equivalent of SenData for reading the value), is it feasible ?
Nick

pofs

Post by pofs »

It is currently impossible to get it, because as I've said, ManufacturerProprietary command class is not implemented, so its report will be ignored. And as I understand the MiCasaVerde topic, lamellas report is sent as a ManufacturerProprietary extension.

I'll think about adding it to zway.
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Many thanks again! I'm already very happy to be able to remotly control the lamellas orientation !
Nick

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I want to thank the 3 of you in getting this resolved, after a day of frustration I read your posts and was able to create the Multiswitch CodeDevice! I am now able to tilt my external Jalousien/Venetian Blinds in any position.

Once again thank you very much!
Regards,

Hunter

1 Razberry
4 Fibaro FGRM 222
1 Fibaro FGMS 001
2 Fibaro FGRGB 101
4 Fibaro FGS 221
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

No problem, glad to be of help.

Pofs posted that he was thinking of adding posibility to also read values, by adding proprietary command class.
Any idea when that might happen?

Thanks.
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Hi everybody,
still the same question, is there new possibilities in order to read the venetian blind lamellas position ?

Many thanks !

Nick
Nick