Aeon Multisensor 6 (Gen 5)

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
maros

Aeon Multisensor 6 (Gen 5)

Post by maros »

I have a couple of Aeon Multisensors 6 (Gen 5) - all USB main powered - at home and noticed very strange behaviour.

First of all I keep getting the "Too many bindings to one dataholder" error (see https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f ... hilit=aeon) in regular intervals. Then, and what is much worse, I keep getting measurements that are way off: 3049% rel humidity, 200Lux in the middle of the night and temperature readings between -2771.2 and + 3424852.5°C.

Since the sensors are mains powered I do polls in a 6min interval. Has anybody else experienced such issues?
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
pz1

Re: Aeon Multisensor 6 (Gen 5)

Post by pz1 »

IIRC strange behaviour has been reported on this forum before for Gen 3/4 devices that were permanently powered, instead of using a battery. I think that person reverted to batteries.
maros

Post by maros »

My Gen 4 Aeon multisensor, which is also mains powered, does not have these issues.
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
maros

Post by maros »

After some more investigation this now seems like a zway problem to me. I was able to observe this behaviour with
  • mains powered Gen5 Aeon Labs Multisensor
  • mains powered Gen4 Aeon Labs Multisensor (albeit less frequent than with the Gen5)
  • Danfosss LC13
  • Fibaro Binary Sensor
The first two devices are being polled regularly - the other ones not. Most (but not all) of these malfunctions would happen shortly after a zway restart. I noticed a concentration of odd values during the times when I'd develop zway modules and restart the server frequently.

Here is an example of a danfoss lc13 (ZWayVDev_zway_48-0-67-1) getting an odd value after sterver restart
https://gist.github.com/maros/4d8ce2a87b5572e3cc40
Unfortunately this log isn't running on highest loglevel.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I can confirm odd values for Fibaro Binary Sensor. Also that it was coming in "bursts". Might be related to restarts. However I have seen these things happening for weeks, and being quiet for a long while there after. I posted about it somewhere here on the forum. As I had no clue, I attributed it to solar activity;)
fez

Post by fez »

I have a battery powered Aeon Multisensory, which drains the batteries pretty fast.
I got about 1 week with the factory settings (status report every hour).
Could anyone share his experience with battery life?
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

I had the same 1 week battery life.
Probably because you had it on USB power when you configured it.
I excluded the Multisensors from Zway, disconnected battery and usb.
Put batteries back in and re-Included them.
A month later and batteries still report 100%
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
fez

Post by fez »

I followed your advice micky1500 and it looks much better. more then a week and still running, reporting 100% battery.
hyper

Post by hyper »

HI,

I have multiple sensors (battery powered) which are not reporting data to my Zway GW (either they did not report from the beginning or they stopped reporting after a few days). Some of them are falling in deep sleep mode for a long period or they while other are excluded from the network.

Today i changed the battery in one sensor (which was previously in deep sleep mode for more than 2 months) and pressed the action button and started reporting again. These lasted for 2 hours. Now again it is on sleep mode.

Could you please indicate what is the problem with this sensor (falling in deep sleep mode even after hours of operation) and provide any solution to this problem?