Support proprietary thermostat command classes

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
fingerz

Re: Support proprietary thermostat command classes

Post by fingerz »

Thanks for getting back to me. I got the error message when using the Expert UI to try and set Fan Mode to Auto (High):

When I enter the URL directly I get a "null" response which is what is supposed to happen, so that's great. Is there something I'm missing when using the Expert UI that will result in the correct parameters being included?

Will you be able to expose the Fan Mode functions in the devices list? At the moment I only get temperature (sensor) and two meters (fan and compressor load):

(176.0.50.0)"},"permanently_hidden":false,"probeType":"meterElectric_kilowatt_per_hour","tags":[],"visibility":true,"updateTime":1471518632},{"creationTime":1471364076,"creatorId":1,"deviceType":"sensorMultilevel","h":-631951303,"hasHistory":false,"id":"ZWayVDev_zway_176-0-50-2","location":1,"metrics":{"probeTitle":"Electric","scaleTitle":"W","level":0,"icon":"meter","title":"Electric Meter (176.0.50.2)"},"permanently_hidden":false,"probeType":"meterElectric_watt","tags":[],"visibility":true,"updateTime":1471518667},{"creationTime":1471364075,"creatorId":1,"deviceType":"sensorMultilevel","h":-631972446,"hasHistory":false,"id":"ZWayVDev_zway_176-0-49-1","location":1,"metrics":{"probeTitle":"Temperature","scaleTitle":"°C","level":22,"icon":"temperature","title":"Temperature (176.0.49.1)"},"permanently_hidden":false,"probeType":"temperature","tags":[],"visibility":true,"updateTime":1471518670}]},"code":200,"message":"200 OK","error":null}

Thermostat Setpoint is not exposed because the interview process failed, but I'm not sure why the fan controls are not exposed. Is this something you will have to implement in a future release?

The thermostat is a prototype heating/cooling thermostat for the EMEA and Asian markets where fan coil units are used. It supports heating & cooling, and runs at 230 VAC for controlling up to 3 speed fan, valve (PWM @ 230 VAC or 0-10 VDC). These are the type of HVAC systems you typically see in commercial buildings, hotels, apartments, and larger homes. That's about all I can say publicly.

I'm hoping to visit IFA next month and if you're around I can tell you more about it then. I'm helping them test it now as I have a large network of Z-Wave devices in my home and the right type of HVAC system.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Fan modes were not implemented in the UI since there are no devices on EU market to test it with. We will certainly add it in future, but it depends on market demand.

Not sure why it does not work in Expert commands. Can you show the error as shown in browser console?

See you in IFA!
fingerz

Post by fingerz »

I've finally managed to get a new firmware for this thermostat that now fully conforms to the Z-Wave spec and ZWay's implementation of the various command classes. Here is a screenshot confirming that the interview process completed successfully and the command classes that are supported by this thermostat:

When I try to control the thermostat in the Expert UI via Control -> Thermostat, no controls are presented for adjusting the set point:

In the screenshot above, the device I'm talking about has ID 185. The device above it with ID 140 is an older version of this thermostat with a non-compliant Z-Wave implementation and should be ignored...though you can note that it does have set point adjustment UI present.

Furthermore, when I try to use the Expert UI (via the Expert Commands option) to change the Fan Mode through the browser, I get the following error:

If I look at the Fan Mode command class details from the same screen, it looks like everything is OK and it should work:

Let me know if there's any further detail I can provide to troubleshoot what I'm seeing. Thanks!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Log?
fingerz

Post by fingerz »

Sorry, how exactly can I capture the log you need?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=27
You need /var/log/z-way-server.log - lines appearing during button press