Problem: Aeon MultiSensor6 Gen5 - MotionSensor problem!?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
vga

Problem: Aeon MultiSensor6 Gen5 - MotionSensor problem!?

Post by vga »

Hi,
i´m using z-way 2.2.1 rc6, and just included the Aeon Multisensor6 gen5.
The problem is, that motionsensor is always "on", so it doesn´t detect motion.
Device interview is complete,
How can i find out, whats wrong and how to fix it?
pz1

Re: Problem: Aeon MultiSensor6 Gen5 - MotionSensor problem!?

Post by pz1 »

Did you see this discussion viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=21704 (It is from my "problem device" list)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
bogr

Post by bogr »

I haven't had this problem. Have you made any config changes? Have you tried resetting it?
vga

Post by vga »

I didn´t made any config changes.
Also tried to exclude and include the sensor again, but anytime the value doesn´t update.
In the named post is a fix described, how can i do this?
Using the Expert UI, I sent the following parameter setting down to the sensor.

Parameter 121 [4 byte dec]: 272
and another question: what about a "security" interview? when i include the sensor, the interview often is not complete. So i restart a interview, and then, after 1-2 times, the interview is complete. But motionsensor still not updateing.

And one more thing: I am using the razberry modul: ZME_RAZ_EU on RPi2. are there different modules available, with and without the "z-wave Plus" standard? i´m not sure if my module has the Plus standard. Is this necessary for the z-wave plus devices?
bogr

Post by bogr »

Hmm, I don't know if we're talking about the same sensor, but I have this in mind

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor

and I can't find any parameter 121?

I haven't had any problems with the interview, but with other devices there have been some problems. I don't think that's a problem though, if it eventually finishes the interview in any case.

It "should" be backward compatible (but I'm not betting my life on it ;) ), but the drawback is that you wont be able to take advantage of the "plus-features". Otherwise it should work anyways. If it's a new RAZ it should be the last generation (5th), i.e. with the plus.
vga

Post by vga »

Yes, this is the sensor i´m talking about. AeoTech Multisensor6 gen.5
The Razberry-module is at least 1,5 years old. So i´m not sure if there is a new release of the module under the same name. But if devices are backward compatible that shouldn´t be the problem, as well.

Any idea what else i can check?
bogr

Post by bogr »

You could check your chip in expert ui -> Network -> Controller Info, and then just look it up to check the specs. Have you chosen the correct description under Configuration -> Interview -> Select Device Description? Also check Configuration - maybe the parameter 3 (default PIR time) has been messed up? And No 4 should of course not be disabled in your case. Otherwise I have no other clues, except maybe digging into the logs, which is not always that trivial.
bogr

Post by bogr »

What a coincidence; one of my sensors was just marked as "failed" :evil: and I had to reinclude it. Even though the motion sensor and tampering was ok, but the humidity, temperature, infrared was not updating any values. In previous server version there was no problems whatsoever with the inclusion. Now, however, I had to reinterview every "part" of the device, in addition waking it up of course. Finally it is up and running again...
vga

Post by vga »

Hi,
now i´ve updated zo v2.2.1-rc7. But still have the problem, that my motion sensor is allways on or off, but doesn´t will be triggered.
Tried many times to exclude/include, reinterview, select different descriptions, but never with success.
which description do you select? - often when i select a descrption, it wil be deselected again, after few seconds.
also the configuration-site of my multisensor each time shows different parameters, which are not write to the device. -> awaking the sensor and save the values, will write some values to device, and later there are other values unsaved.
This is a little bit confusing!?
bogr

Post by bogr »

Yes, I also upgraded to rc07 yesterday, because of various endless problems. Unfortunately the only thing that was better is the gui, which seems to be much faster, but this is also the thing I care least about. The core engine is much more important, and the stability.

Look at the back of the sensor, check the model no and then check the ZDDX to see which description matches your model. This is the one you "should" choose. I noticed that there were so many different descriptions for the sensor, so that's what I did to find the appropriate one (hopefully).

I have no problems in triggering it and looking in configuration I can see that the devices goes to sleep and then wakens up at the correct and configured interval. Though, I've also had problems with saving config changes. One device is ok, and just has one unsaved value:

Code: Select all

Nº 255 - Reset to default factory setting: Value was changed to Resets all configuration parameters to default setting. but not stored in device yet.
but the other has more:

Code: Select all

Nº 201 - Temperature calibration: Value was changed to 0 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 202 - Humidity sensor calibration: Value was changed to 0 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 203 - Luminance sensor calibration: Value was changed to 0 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 204 - Ultraviolet sensor calibration: Value was changed to 0 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 255 - Reset to default factory setting: Value was changed to Resets all configuration parameters to default setting. but not stored in device yet.
I'll try setting the values using the API to see if that works better.

It's really annoying the crap out of me, and I'm considering downgrading to 2.1.1, since it was much more stable if I recall correctly. Maybe the next stable release will be much better, but I haven't seen any info on when that is due :( .