Schlage locks redux

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
novalis

Schlage locks redux

Post by novalis »

I have the (in)famous schlage BE469 locks in my house, and purchased a razberry with the intention of interfacing it with them. Like those before me, I've had no trouble pairing them with the razberry, but I see no updates in z-way when their state is manually changed.

I see that this
https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=21233&p=55717
problem
https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=20031&p=49257
has been
viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=19989&p=49103&hi ... age#p49103
around for a while (years).

Is this ever going to get a fix? Is there already a fix and the patch just hasn't been merged yet? Help?
codypchristian

Re: Schlage locks redux

Post by codypchristian »

Hello, so I've had an interesting experience with these as well. I have two of them, same model, but different firmware. So one works and one does not. However, it appears you can't upgrade the firmware without the Hub that Lowes sales, which is crazy. But to your issue, the one that does pair and work, seems to function fine, including the state changes. Not sure why mine is working... if so many people can't get it working.
Thanks, Cody
pz1

Post by pz1 »

codypchristian wrote: However, it appears you can't upgrade the firmware without the Hub that Lowes sales, which is crazy.
Over the years, Z-Wave vendors (but also others in the IoT business) have proven to be very capable of ruining their own business!
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

Adding to the Redux here... As you indicated, interview went flawless. If the lock is operated manually, I get updates and communication is (re)established between the lock and z-way (temporarily). However, if I attempt to toggle the lock using z-way, nothing happens. Shortly afterwards it appears the lock drops the wireless connection as z-way indicates exactly that.

So what needs to be done to troubleshoot this and what information can we supply and to whom exactly ? I have 3 of these locks working perfectly using MicasaVerde, but would love to see this operating correctly in z-way.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

CudaNet wrote:So what needs to be done to troubleshoot this and what information can we supply and to whom exactly ?
Contact info@z-wave.me and explain your problem. Provide version numbers of hardware and ZWay. Also supply a relevant /var/log/z-way-server.log
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

I'll put something together today and send it off.. Thank you !
pz1 wrote:
CudaNet wrote:So what needs to be done to troubleshoot this and what information can we supply and to whom exactly ?
Contact info@z-wave.me and explain your problem. Provide version numbers of hardware and ZWay. Also supply a relevant /var/log/z-way-server.log
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Please let me know if and when they respond
pz
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

No problem. I pulled the logs off the var/log this morning. And for those wondering what FW I'm running...

BE469NX
FW Ver.: Main_6.8 12112014
Model#23685159

I'll continue to post all updates within this thread..
pz1 wrote:Please let me know if and when they respond
pz
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

Quick question. Has anyone performed a factory reset of the lock before inclusion within z-way ? I for one did not which might have contributed to my issues - or not. Just looking for additional information.

I did send z-way an email last night with all the information/logs etc..