ZFM-80 External Switch

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
penright

ZFM-80 External Switch

Post by penright »

I have some particular questions about the ZFM-80 device. I was looking for a way of controlling a light, that today I use a relay and low voltage switches to toggle the relay. I have 3 switches one on each side of the garage door and one at the walk in door for a total 3. I just used some doorbell switches. I can turn off/on the light from any door by just pushing any one of the buttons. I wanted to add z-wave.
The ZFM-80 looks like the relay can handle the 120v and z-wave. Check and Check. There is also a external switch connector. Maybe check?
I included a snippet that shows the diagram and configuration options. I am pretty sure I could use type c/d to get some what the effect I want, but if the rocker switch is flipped at the walk in door, then I have to flip it off. Looking at types a/b, the language does not sound like a momentary type switch. Is this correct?
On one hand that does not make sense, I am wonder if I want to configure it as B, that would be like my Door Bell switches. Is this correct?

Update 10/13/2011
********************************************************************************************************
The answer I found out is, NO. The default is type C. The Tuxedo can not send configurations at this time. The only way I can accomplish what I want, is the use the ZFM-80, and the dry contact I am using today is a "LNC Closerse".

Today I have a transformer for the low voltage pulse to the relay. If I could have set the ZFM-80 to type A, then I could use the doorbell switches straight to the ZFM-80 external switch contacts.
penright

Re: ZFM-80 External Switch

Post by penright »

Also, since I am here, I thought I would add an "example of where the rubber meets the road" to the post.

All my lights I have worked on in the house ... the power dumps at the light and the switch leg runs from it to the wall switch. Except for the porch light. Power is at the switch. I added a soffit light (flood) when some of the soffit was being replaced. I ran the wire to the porch light so it would control the soffit light. My thought was to replace the flood with something smaller and make it more of a accent light. I was going to put the ZFM-80 at the porch light so I could control them independently. Well that did not work out the way I planned. So .... I replaced the wall switch with the ZFM-80 and control both the porch and soffit light together. I put a small 450 lum led in the porch so it is somewhat accent now. I do have a light over the porch swing, that was wired for a fan, but humidity played havoc on the blades, but now is just a light. My plan is to control that light with a brighter bulb and use it for access entry. I am going to have two triggers. One on garage door open and front door open, with conditions of between sunset and sunrise and with the light being off. Then the actions will be a 15 minute on.

The picture is of the ZFM-80 installed. Since I was not planning on installing at the switch, I did not have a decora cover, so I die grind my dual flip switch. Also the other switch is the entry light, so I might add a controller there, then I will buy the correct cover.