New Fibaro Relay Switch FGS 223 - Power messurement

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
TS-Tec

New Fibaro Relay Switch FGS 223 - Power messurement

Post by TS-Tec »

Hello,

I have two Fibaro Relay Switch FGS-223 which now supports power monitoring for both relay switches.

Unfortunatly I only see the power of the first channel in my RaZberry UI. The second channel does not appear.

Anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks a lot!
pz1

Re: New Fibaro Relay Switch FGS 223 - Power messurement

Post by pz1 »

TS-Tec wrote:I have two Fibaro Relay Switch FGS-223 which now supports power monitoring for both relay switches.
Caution: FGS-223 is NOT a relay switch but a solid state switch. As a result one can not switch separate power sources from a lower voltages. With the real relay version you can.

I don't know a solution to your problem. IIRC the issue has been raised by others on this forum or on Github. So the development team is aware (viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=23825)

Google is your friend to find relevant posts:

Code: Select all

site:forum.z-wave.me "FGS-223" Fibaro
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
TS-Tec

Post by TS-Tec »

Thanks for this information!

in your mentioned thread, it is being discussed about the not completed interview - this is the case for many Fibaro products and has not been fixed since the first issue reporting because it seems to be a Fibaro issue...

I ask for a "work-around" to get the power monitoring for the second switch working or ask if it works and sombody's configuration...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I did search a bit deeper. One person on this forum asked for proper inclusion of the device quite a while ago. I did not find any pointer to this device on Github.
People on the Vera forums are also struggling with this device. The have some workaround written in Lua, but that may be hard to translate to Zway.
In the meantime the only thing I can suggest to raise a ZWay issue on https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/z-way-issues/issues.
Hope someone comes up with a solution for you soon.
fez

Post by fez »

I uploaded here the device description xml:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cIb ... FMtNzYzT2M
It will work with zway version 2.2.4.
Copy the file to the /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX folder.
Then update the index tables by:

Code: Select all

python /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX/MakeIndex.py
enjoy
TS-Tec

Post by TS-Tec »

Hi fez,

thank you for your support...

What do I have to do after uploading the file to the ZDDX folder and updating the index tables?

Do I have to choose a new device description in the expert ui? Here I can not find the new description...

Or do I have to exclude and then re-include the device in order to get the power measurement also for the second channel??

Thanks again!
fez

Post by fez »

TS-Tec wrote:choose a new device description in the expert ui
It works for me with the 2.2.4 release.
With other releases i'm not sure if the index generation works.
I still don't have a comlete interview. That wont be fixed with this.
TS-Tec

Post by TS-Tec »

I also have 2.2.4 release.

So you tell that you can see the FGS 223 in the device list in the expert view? Not in my list :(

And after you selected it, it shows two power measurement sensors in the normal view?? One for each channel?
And this is done only by the device description? Normally, a selection of the device description does not change anything of the shown sensors, alarms and functions in the normal view... Or am I wrong?
fez

Post by fez »

I wanted to have easy access to de device configuration so I made the xml. I share it with you, but this still doesn`t solve the real problem.
personally I don´t care about the power measurement. but I have also some limitations which bother me.
I hope the dev team find the resources to enable full support for this device.

UPDATE: I updated to 2.2.5 and the index generation didn't work, no update was done (could be my error), so I edited the index tables manually, quite easy going. I think I did that previously as well and I might have forgotten that I edit the table and thought the script did the job.