Wayne Dalton - WDHA-12R

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
jstaffon

Wayne Dalton - WDHA-12R

Post by jstaffon »

I recently bought a HomeLink gateway, WDHA-12R, hoping it would be compatible with my setup. I didn't pay much so if it's not compatible .... no big deal. My goal is to eventually program my HomeLink buttons in my car to control "Scenes" in my home through this gateway. I'm running a Razberry with firmware version v2.1.1. I'm able to include the device in my network but it doesn't show up as any device capable of being used with Scenes, etc. In the Expert UI Timing Info it shows up as a device type "Remote". Under the Configuration section of the Expert UI it shows as Command Class - Basic, ControllerReplication. In the Smart Home UI, the device doesn't show up as a Switch or Dimmer and Remotes don't show up in the UI to select the device from dropdown menus. Any thoughts? Is this device compatible? Thanks in advance!
jstaffon

Re: Wayne Dalton - WDHA-12R

Post by jstaffon »

There doesn't seem to be much feedback. It is pretty old technology so there might not be much knowledge about this device. Do any of the developers or moderators have any idea how to include this device to take advantage of the different buttons/scenes that are available?
silverhack

Post by silverhack »

I've never seen the device, but having a glance at the user manual here:
https://www.smarthome-products.com/prod ... ateway.pdf
To include the device and add it to the Z-Wave network, go to the Smarthome UI -> Devices -> Add New (Z-Wave) and then click the button at the top add a new Z-Wave device automatically. Then press the program button on the top of the controller and it should be added. Then you can program the scenes into the gateway, following the instructions in the user manual.
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

I'll try that specific sequence. I followed the sequence stated on a YouTube video. The device gets partially added but doesn't seem to have all of the Command Classes. The last Command Class that shows up is "Controller Replication" with a comma after it....which leads me to believe there are other classes that are either not recognized or added properly. The manual uses slightly different terminology.... It talks about copying the primary controller information to the gateway. Is that the same as including the device into the network? ... if so, I've followed that same sequence except from the Expert UI. Thanks for the reply!
silverhack

Post by silverhack »

You can go in to the Expert UI and retry the interview process a few times. Usually once you force an interview, you will have to press the program button on the device again. You can also view the interview result and see which command class is getting stuck during interview and only redo the interview for that one.
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

Hmmm....looks like the "ControllerReplication class is not completing. Also, maybe you can also answer a question along the same subject. As I go through the process of including and excluding from the network, the element/device number is incrementing. I would have thought it would get the last number I freed up when I excluded it from the network but the numbers keep going up. Do you know how to clean up the database to release old device numbers that aren't being used?
silverhack

Post by silverhack »

There currently is no way to re-use an old device ID number. This has been discussed a few times in the forums. I believe the only thing you can do is instead of excluding a device, you can mark it as failed, and the you can use Expert UI to replace a failed device and include a new device to take that failed device ID. However, I have never done it, so I'm not sure if it works correctly.