How to get UZB into exclusion mode?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
tigersizer

How to get UZB into exclusion mode?

Post by tigersizer »

I looked here and all the posts I found assume one knows how to do this, but I don't.

I had a device (Fibaro motion sensor) included on another controller and I've replaced that controller with a ZMEUUZB1 controller. The two will not connect (data flows, but the device doesn't include). The problem _seems_ to be that the device thinks it belongs with the old controller. All the instructions start with "put controller into exclusion/remove mode ..."

I do not know how to do this and cannot find instructions anywhere.

I'm using openhab on a Pi 4 for the inclusion, but I have a Windows 10 machine available if that's a better choice, for whatever reason.

Thanks for any help.
enbemokel

Re: How to get UZB into exclusion mode?

Post by enbemokel »

Hi, you should exclude your device, that will work also with the UZB Controller and then include it to the new system.
So just do the Remove/Exclude and you will be fine. Hopefully
tigersizer

Re: How to get UZB into exclusion mode?

Post by tigersizer »

For openhab, the folks over there answered my question: Open the Controller Thing; there is an "exclude devices" button at the bottom of the page; press it. In my defense, it was the only part of the UI scrolled off the screen.

I still think there should be some command line way to do this. I can flash the BIOS, reprogram the eprom, and change the radio frequency, but I can't set inclusion/exclusion modes?

Thanks.