Disable autoconfiguration of devices by Z-Cloud for installations without permanent connection to Z-Cloud

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
PoltoS

Disable autoconfiguration of devices by Z-Cloud for installations without permanent connection to Z-Cloud

Post by PoltoS »

This recipe might not work in recent versions (not checked). Please see new working recipe.By default Z-Cloud does autoconfiguration of all interviewed devices. For example, Z-Cloud adds itself to all Association groups of all devices. It also set up default Wakeup Interval and some other parameters. This is good, but not always.Sometimes user don't want to have a permanent connection to Z-Cloud and use it only to do initial configuration and further changes. In this case autoconfiguration can lead to problems: if you unplug your USB Z-Wave stick, it becomes unreachable to all other devices (remember, they will try to send commands to the stick because it is in Association groups and set as Wakeup node).To disable autoconfiguration you have to edit an XML file on the server side. To do this you have to create a scene (in Network or any other area), save scenes and activate the new scene once. After activating the scene restart Z-Cloud.The scene should contain only the following script:import xml.dom.minidom

configFile = "config/Defaults.xml"

xdata = xml.dom.minidom.parse(configFile)
map(lambda y: xdata.childNodes[0].removeChild(y), filter(lambda (x): x.nodeName == 'Autoconfig', xdata.childNodes[0].childNodes))
a = xdata.createElement('Autoconfig')
a.appendChild(xdata.createTextNode('0'))
xdata.childNodes[0].appendChild(a)
xdata.writexml(open(configFile, "w"))
After being activated, Z-Cloud will not automatically configure devices anymore. Manual configuration is required.To turn autoconfiguration back you have to changexdata.createTextNode('0')toxdata.createTextNode('1')Then activate the scene and restart Z-Cloud again. 
Manders

Do you mean type the code in

Post by Manders »

Do you mean type the code in as a script or it should automatically be there? When i follow the steps i have nothing.
PoltoS

We can not understand what is

Post by PoltoS »

We can not understand what is your problem from your message
Manders

What i'm asking is exactly,

Post by Manders »

What i'm asking is exactly, step by step, what do i have to do to be able to use climate schedules with DLC? Maybe you could start a seperate thread explaining this as i think it would help several people. I dont want to learn how z-wave works, i'm not interested, all i want is a series of steps i can easily follow to get it working. If later you fix the problem with z-cloud/dlc/climate schedules we can do it the more correct way, but for now, any method will do.

pz1

supported

Post by pz1 »

I missed this thread when I submitted a similar request in an other thread. I fully support this. If Danfoss happens to read this. I would challenge them to support that work, because having this working correctly via Z-Cloud, would serve as a good easily and freely accessible reference implementation of the Danfoss Living Connect.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum