Disable Climate Schedule Control Command Class to fallback to default support of Danfoss living connect

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
PoltoS

Disable Climate Schedule Control Command Class to fallback to default support of Danfoss living connect

Post by PoltoS »

By default Z-Cloud is configured to support Climate Schedule Control Command Class used by Danfoss living connect to store schedules and save battery. Unfortunately living connect device proved to be not very stable in this mode. It is worth to say, that the Climate Schedue Control Command Class was marked as obsolate from this summer, so the living connecto would remain the only device and Z-Way the only software to support it.To make Danfoss living connect work more reliably it is possible to disable this functionality in Z-Way-to-Danfoss communications to fallback to schedule-less support of the device using Thermostat SetPoint Command Class. In this case schedules can still be emulated by Z-Way itself.To disable Climate Schedule Control Command Class you have run a special script just before including your Danfoss living connect device in your Z-Wave network. To do this you have to create a scene (in Network area or any other). The scene should contain only the following script:try:
nif_val = eval(ZWaveAPI.configurations.Defaults.Controller.NodeInformationFrame.value._text)
nif_val.remove('ClimateControlSchedule')
ZWaveAPI.configurations.Defaults.Controller.NodeInformationFrame.value._text = repr(nif_val)
ZWaveAPI.controller.SerialAPIApplicationNodeInfo()
except:
pass

try:
del ZWaveAPI.commandClasses[0x46]
except:
pass
If you already had Danfoss living connect devices in your network, we suggest to exclude them and include again following the process described here.Note that after using this trick you can still continue to use your thermostats in automatically controlled mode and apply a climate schedule to your zone. The schedule will be emulated by Z-Way as it does with devices not supporting Climate Schedule Control Command Class.To check that the process was successful, make sure that Climate Schedule Control Command Class is not listed in thermostat capabilities (you have to switch to experto mode to do this).Also note that all devices incuded until next Z-Way restart (until next re-connect to Z-Cloud) will also lack Climate Schedule Control support. You can have mixed environment with devices supporting and not supporting Climate Schedule Control without any problem.
pz1

- Does this mean that I have

Post by pz1 »

Also note that all devices incuded until next Z-Way restart (until next re-connect to Z-Cloud) will also lack Climate Schedule Control support.

- Does this mean that I have to run that scene everytime I start Z-Connector.exe ?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Only every time before including a thermostat

Post by PoltoS »

Only every time before including a thermostat. So, you don't need to run it each time you connect using Z-Connector.
pz1

Thanks. I did not understand

Post by pz1 »

Thanks. I did not understand this setting was only relevant at the time of inclusion of a DLC. I also understand now how you can have a mixed setting of devices.

I now wonder if I also have to run the script before a forced interview of a DLC. I sometimes have to do that after a battery change
PoltoS

On the Z-Way side you don't

Post by PoltoS »

On the Z-Way side you don't need to force interview after batteries change.
If you will, yes, apply the trick first.
pz1

First experiences

Post by pz1 »

I applied the recipe 6 days ago. I have varied experiences.
1) The schedule seems to work. One has to reassure that the device is included correctly. That means you must have a non-blinking antenna on the lower left side of the little DLC dsiplay. Before I had situation that both antenna and alarm were flashing, but DLC seemed to communicate with the device. So I have that fixed now. I let the device wake up every 5 minutes.

2) My schedule is defined as follows for all weekdays:
00:00-07:00 16C
07:00-19:00 23C
19:00-24:00 16C
Around 09:00 the radiator is still cold. Only around 9:30 it feels warm. In the user interface under Status I see at 07:00 the temperature had changed to 23C. So it takes more than 2 hours before the temperature effectively is going to change on the valve.
The actual adaptation of the room temperature is well over 3 hours after the scheduled change time.

3) Some days ago at 22:35 I manually raised the temperature to 23C. At 22:57 the radiator was warm. So a manually applied change is effective much quicker.

4) That same day after midnight at 00:16 I noticed in Status that the setpoint temperature had dropped to:
4 grd C (16-12).
I am puzzled how it gets to that number.
pz1

Any one else having this problem?

Post by pz1 »

Any one else having these problems?
PoltoS

Only me and you ;)

Post by PoltoS »

Only me and you ;)

I've put in my todo to write to Danfoss tech guys about this experience. May be they will suggest something.
beefens

hello gays with graet Danfoss staff

Post by beefens »

I have danfoss thremostats too and this same problem. But only today I found this topic. I have to implement the same trick but before a little question : How this problem looks today ? Do you have (pz1) the same problem with long heating up of radiators ?
pz1

I abandoned Danfoss LC in

Post by pz1 »

I abandoned Danfoss LC in favour of the Stella_Z thermostatic valves from Eurotronic. These devices respond immediately, and do not panic or "burn" batteries. Of course there is some delay which depends on the wake-up interval. I ran one preproduction version since the beginning of this year. A week ago I installed a batch of four See my description at OpenRemote. You must be registered as a forum user there to read it.
Last edited by pz1 on 24 Feb 2014 15:22, edited 1 time in total.