[userMODULE] SwitchPolling - (Updated Dec 17, 2014)

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
islipfd19

[userMODULE] SwitchPolling - (Updated Dec 17, 2014)

Post by islipfd19 »

Here is my second contribution to this community. This module was the first one I started to work on but had difficulty in getting the syntax correct that actually gets me the switches state; whether it's on or off. It's pretty much a duplicate of the SensorsPolling module provided by Z-Way. I modified it slightly to get the switch state of course. Most of the credit goes to the team that wrote the SensorsPolling module.

If you are running version 1.7.1 or earlier, you will need to extract the contents of the zip package to your /opt/z-way-server/automation/modules directory in a folder named SwitchPolling. The full path should be '/opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/SwitchPolling'. If you are running version 1.7.2, the SwitchPolling folder should be placed in the userModules directory. After placing it in the appropriate directory you will need to restart z-way-server. One of the methods to do that is by executing this command `sudo service z-way-server restart`.

Enjoy!! :D
Attachments
SwitchPolling_z-way_2.0.0.zip
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
SwitchPolling.1.0.1.zip
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
Last edited by islipfd19 on 17 Dec 2014 16:27, edited 3 times in total.
kambis

Re: New Module SwitchPolling

Post by kambis »

Thank you for sharing your work.
I will have a deeper look on it in the next days, just wanted to confirm, that I could successfully load your code into the server and see sensors in the list.
islipfd19

Re: New Module SwitchPolling - *** Updated Module***

Post by islipfd19 »

Updated module!!! - Version 1.0.1

I fixed the portion where the cron task is supposed to be removed if the module was removed in automation or updated.

Known Bugs / Issues:
***None known
islipfd19

Re: [userMODULE] SwitchPolling - *** Updated Module***

Post by islipfd19 »

Currently doesn't work with 2.0 version. Looking into it and will publish an update to the module once a fix is found.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

May have found the fix for this. I'll monitor the module for the next couple of days and if all is well I'll upload the 2.0.0 version.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

I added a zip to the first post for the z-way 2.0.0 version.