[userMODULE] ScheduleSun

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
SubnetMask

Re: [userMODULE] ScheduleSun

Post by SubnetMask »

I'm trying to set up this module to turn some lights on a bit before sunset and turn them off a bit after sunrise... But I'm having issues... It would seem the module requires the setup of scenes and it needs one instance set up for the 'on' schedule and a separate one for the 'off' schedule. I set up a scene using the switch I need to use and called it 'lights on', with the action being 'on'. I set up a second one and called it 'lights off' with the action 'off'. When I try to set up the schedule, there's nothing in the 'Select which scene to activate' drop down... I've actually tried to set it up a few times - the first time, it did show 'Light Scene 5' which was the first one I set up (on), but not 'Light Scene 6' which was the second that I set up (off).

Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong? Any chance it could be configured to use scenes or individual switches?

I'm running 2.0.0 RC20 and v1.0.1 of the module.

Edit: After I posted, the scenes showed up and decided to work manually, so I was able to set up the 'On' and 'Off' schedules... Now to see if they work.
Vantskruv

Post by Vantskruv »

Hello SubnetMask
SubnetMask wrote:When I try to set up the schedule, there's nothing in the 'Select which scene to activate' drop down...
The Z-Way UI is still in development, and sometimes when adding new things they will not appear before reloading (for me the best way to reload have been start over going from the root URL-adress).
SubnetMask wrote:...and it needs one instance set up for the 'on' schedule and a separate one for the 'off' schedule
It is per design, as it doesn't force the user to use both sunset and sunrise.
SubnetMask wrote:Any chance it could be configured to use scenes or individual switches?
I'll see what I can do to add devices as an option too. :)
ScheduleSun - a sunset/sunrise module
viewtopic.php?f=3424&t=20801
thorbj

Post by thorbj »

Hi, I'm very, very new to z-wave, RaZberry and HA, and I'm just trying to figure this out.
I've downloaded the ScheduleSun module and put it in /automation/userModules on my RPi. I've restarted the z-way server using

Code: Select all

sudo service z-way-server restart
, and now I'm trying to find the module in automation at z-way-ha. But it won't show up. What can I be doing wrong here?

Thanks!
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Do you use the Zway version (or newer) as quoted in the first post? Afaik it won't work with 1.7.x
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
thorbj

Post by thorbj »

Thanks for the quick reply! Apparantly I'm only on 1.7.2... I will try to uptdate to latest rc - rc20?, and try if it works better.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Yes, rc20 is pretty stable
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
SubnetMask

Post by SubnetMask »

It seems there may be some issue with this (or maybe something else) and 2.0.1 rc37. I updated from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 rc33 or rc35 and I believe everything worked fine (or I may have had to recreate the events, but either way, the end result was it worked). After I upgraded to rc37, the tasks stopped functioning, and even after re-creation, didn't work. I downgraded back to rc35 and tehy didn't work until I re-created them and they have been working fine since with rc35.