[userMODULE] OpenRemoteHelpers

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
pierre2302

Re: [userMODULE] OpenRemoteHelpers

Post by pierre2302 »

It is true that it is difficult to capture clock pulse, that is why I put in my time timer 4 times the clock to be sure to capture at least one pulse of 4

I had seen this method by UDP but at first glance it seemed to me was complicated to implement. I will spend more time trying to understand.
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

I tried to understand the UDP and for now I prefer to stay on my method is much easier
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
pz1

Post by pz1 »

It looks like OpenRemoteHelpers will/may need authentication as of version 2.0.2. So in your production system be careful with upgrading to one of the upcoming 2.0.2 release candidates
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is up to you.

I have fixed the module to have
ws.allowExternalAccess("OpenRemote", this.controller.auth.ROLE.USER); // login required

Means user will need to login.

But you can do like we have in Z-Wave binding - add a check box "Public API" and change the code to:

ws.allowExternalAccess("OpenRemote", this.config.publicAPI ? this.controller.auth.ROLE.ANONYMOUS : this.controller.auth.ROLE.USER); // login required
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Yesterday I already updated the OpenRemote-Razberry manual with a note on how to work-around the authentication issue. I have as yet to do some tests on how to do proper authentication there.
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

Do I need some OpenRemote Controller software "between" z-way server + OpenRemoteHelpers module and Android Client ? or I could manage devices (on/Off/dimmer) directly from Android OpenRemote client ?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

vvuu wrote:Do I need some OpenRemote Controller software "between" z-way server + OpenRemoteHelpers module and Android Client ? or I could manage devices (on/Off/dimmer) directly from Android OpenRemote client ?
You need to have a OpenRemote controller running. I assume you have seen the OpenRemoteHelpers documentation in the Recipes sections and the OpenRemote documentation that is linked on that page.
Please be reminded that I have not yet updated all the OpenRemote pages.
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

Hello

Is it possible to change the index file so that the power consumption values displays only two decimal places

Thank you
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I don't think it is a good idea to change this in the OpenRemoteHelpers. Some people may rely on all the detail they can get for whatever reason.

It is best to do the reduction on the OpenRemote side with the following RegEx (untested)

Code: Select all

[0-9]{0,}[.]{0,1}[0-9]{0,2}
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

Hello

If I want to change my index file, you have an idea of what I should put that to have two decimal

Thank you