[DEVICE] Fix BinarySwitch problem

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
pz1

[DEVICE] Fix BinarySwitch problem

Post by pz1 »

Note: The intention of this topic is to become a FAQ about (binary) Switches. Suggestions for other tested problem/solution are welcome

Question: Binary Switch does not send unsolicited status updates.
Answer: Using a WEBbrowser send the following command. nodeid is the number of the Z-wave device.

Code: Select all

http://raspberry_IP:8083/JS/Run/zway.SendData(nodeId, [0x91, 0x01, 0x15, 0xfa])
Tested with: v2.0.0-rc20
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pz1

Re: [DEVICE] Fix BinarySwitch problem

Post by pz1 »

This recipe worked for only 2 of my 4 failing Z-Wave.me wall switches (All 5 did work correctly out of the box when first installed in RaZ v1.2)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is a workaround for Z-Wave.Me Switches, Blinds and Dimmers versions 1.8 and lower. Has nothing to do with Z-Way/RaZberry version.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I did not intend to suggest it had to do with versions. It was just to say that when I originally installed them that all five Z-Wave.Me Switches were functioning properly.
There are two remaining that are still wrong after several attempts. Would it help to disconnect them from the 230V for a couple of minutes? I remember having seen that somewhere, but don't remember if it was this one.