[HowTo] Migrate to new 5gen RaZberry board (Don't Use))

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
pz1

[HowTo] Migrate to new 5gen RaZberry board (Don't Use))

Post by pz1 »

***20150622 Sorry, this does not work. Waiting for proper description from developers***

Work in progress, do not use, or use at your own risk
Description derived from this post
  1. Make sure that you have upgraded to the latest official v2.x.x release.
  2. Check if that installation is working correctly.

If you have done the following two steps on a regular basis, you can skip those
    -
  3. backup the current configuration. Expert UI: -Network -Control -Create Backup
  4. backup Home Automation configuration: /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/configjson-xxxx.json to a safe place.
    -
  5. Open a terminal session (using Putty) to shutdown your Pi

Code: Select all

sudo shutdown -h now
  6. Wait a couple of minutes, and power down and disconnect all wires from your Pi
  7. Replace the RaZberry board
  8. Reconnect all wiring, and finally power up the Raspberry Pi
  9. Again with Expert UI, restore from backup with network topology. In theory, it should work fine and write existing home id and devices list on the new controller.
  10. Stop Z-way and restore HA configuration configjson-xxxx.json to /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage.
  11. Reboot Raspberry
  12. ...

WARNINGS
  • The backup procedure does not not save your home automation settings, so this recipe won't work to move to a different Raspberry Pi. You could make a diskimage for that.

COMMENTS on this recipe are welcome here under Recipes. Problems should be discussed in the RaZberry forum

Description is untested and unfinished
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
zoic22

Re: [HowTo] Migrate to new 5gen RaZberry board (Draft)

Post by zoic22 »

I currently test this procedure between RPI with razberry v4 to humming board razberry v5. I launch restore about 20 minutes, humming board work hard (z-way used 100% of CPU). How many times it's take ?

Edit : after 30min I stop it, it did not work. I test to pass razberry v4 to v5 on same RPI but same result... So for me this procedure did not work, for now I don't see any solution for passing to razberry v4 to v5
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Sorry it did not work for you. I did ask the Zwave.me team to review this recipe, that I worked out from a short post of them. I didn't have the hardware, so I could not test myself.
zoic22

Post by zoic22 »

I will wait for response of Zwave.me team, I don't want to include/exclude all my module...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

zoic22 wrote:I will wait for response of Zwave.me team, I don't want to include/exclude all my module...
Any success with this in the meantime?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try, restore should work perfectly now. If it does not work for you, send us your backup to inspect.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pz1 wrote: [*]Again with Expert UI, restore from backup with network topology. In theory, it should work fine and write existing home id and devices list on the new controller.
I tried to move my configuration from Razberry on RasPi B to UZB1 on RasPi 2.
Restore.PNG
Restore.PNG (7.1 KiB) Viewed 16074 times
I got stuck at step 9 of the instruction from the first post. In my v2.0.1-rc25 installation, clicking the blue button does not result in any action. I could not find any information about "network topology information" in the online documents.

Edit1: It does not work with latest verion of Firefox, but does work with Chrome and Opera. Remaining question what is the network topology information? File ./storage/configjson.xxxx.json, or is it the .zbk backup file?

Edit 20150702:
  • In v2.0.1 still this problem with FF 38.0.5
  • This is known issue on Github
Please clarify
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
thaui

Post by thaui »

I have two nearly identical systems. One Raspberry B and one Raspberry 2 both with a Razberry Gen 5 board.
Making a backup on the Raspberry B and a restore on Raspberry 2 is working so far but all the devices are red in the routing matrix. The nodes are not working correctly. I am using RC34 release May 30th. Anybody any idea how to clone system A to system B?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I haven't made any progress on this in the absence of anyfeedback of the ZWave.me team. The ability to restore on a different system is rather crucial for a robust mission critical system.
thaui

Post by thaui »

Than it's better to take this option out of the software or better tell the user it's only for the same installation. Otherwise they make you believe a backup avoid you from any problems and in the emergeny case nothing will work. Not very promising I guess.