[userModule] Xively

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
rvhaasen

[userModule] Xively

Post by rvhaasen »

I created a module that sends sensordata to the Xively webservice.
I you are interested you can get Xively from github

20150327: Moved to Recipes, and slightly modified by moderator
dolpheen

Re: [userModule] Xively

Post by dolpheen »

rvhaasen, you have error in your link to github. ;)
How long have you been using Xively?
Could you put a couple of words about your experience with it?
Razberry B+ 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW500 + 15 devices / Razberry B 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW300 for test
pz1

Post by pz1 »

dolpheen wrote:rvhaasen, you have error in your link to github. ;)
My bad :oops: I moved this post to the Recipes section, and added the link to the github repository
rvhaasen

Post by rvhaasen »

Hi Dolpheen,
I did use Pachube (as Xively) a few years ago. Recently I picked it up again. It is a quick way to get your sensordata available in the cloud. Also there are several apps that can read Xively feeds. This weekend I installed a humidity/temperature sensor in the plant incubator of my 11 year daughter. After installing a simple app on her smartphone she can easily check the status of the plants, showing only current temperature and humidity. There are other apps that can display the graphs. I have a Xively free account which works fine. There is a limit on the update frequency, but for "small scale" usage it works fine.
I updated the code in github such that it can also log the sensordata to a local file.
dolpheen

Post by dolpheen »

Thank you for the info, rvhaasen.
I see it's more an enterprise solution not for noob like me :) (anyway I wrote them an e-mail but no replay still)
Razberry B+ 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW500 + 15 devices / Razberry B 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW300 for test