[userModule] AeonMultiSensor

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
islipfd19

[userModule] AeonMultiSensor

Post by islipfd19 »

Here's a module a few of you may find useful. I based it off of the Smart Light module written by Yurkin Vitaliy. it specifically uses the Aeotec 4 in 1 multisensor. For those of you who don't know what this sensor is, it can detect motion, sense the luminosity level, the humidity and temperature. I use all sensors in this module except the temperature. The primary application I use this in is my bathroom. When someone walks in, it turns the light on if the luminosity levels are below the specified value the user chooses. During the night, you can specify the dimmer level value so that when it detect motion the level isn't turned on full blinding you. Extract the zip file in /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules directory and restart z-way-server. Be sure the folder name is 'AeonMultiSensor'.

This is compatible with the latest version 2.1.1. I've been using this for more than 6 months now with any issues. The icon for some reason isn't displaying on the local apps page but displays on the active apps page. Not sure why that is.
Attachments
AeonMultiSensor.zip
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Last edited by islipfd19 on 17 Sep 2015 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
pz1

Re: [userModule] AeonMultiSensor

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope others who have been "wrestling" with this multi sensor will take your module for a ride.
Isaksson

Post by Isaksson »

islipfd19 wrote:The icon for some reason isn't displaying on the local apps page but displays on the active apps page. Not sure why that is.
I think the issue is that you are using space in the name for your app (module.json)

Code: Select all

"moduleName":"Aeon Multi Sensor",
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

Isaksson wrote:
islipfd19 wrote:The icon for some reason isn't displaying on the local apps page but displays on the active apps page. Not sure why that is.
I think the issue is that you are using space in the name for your app (module.json)

Code: Select all

"moduleName":"Aeon Multi Sensor",
That was the problem. I've uploaded a modified version. thanks!