[userModule] Security Zone (Updated 2016/06/01)

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
maros

[userModule] Security Zone (Updated 2016/06/01)

Post by maros »

This plugin creates a zone that can consist of multiple binary and multilevel sensors as well as switches. When a check of these devices fails, an alarm is triggered, either immediately or delayed, allowing for a safe disarming of the zone.

The arming/disarming of a security zone can be controlled via a virtual device. Optionally the arming of a zone can also be delayed. The status of all devices inside a zone is checked at the time of activation, and a notification will be created if a device is already tripped.

In case of an alarm this plugin will not perform any actions. It will just emit an event, which should be processed by other modules like the Event Watcher module.

Tested with Z-Way version v2.2.2
Bug/Issue tracker at https://github.com/maros/Zway-SecurityZone/issues
Documentation at https://github.com/maros/Zway-SecurityZ ... /README.md
Download at https://github.com/maros/Zway-SecurityZone/releases

Installation can be done directly via git or via the the Zway App-Store. Install the BaseModule first.
Last edited by maros on 12 Jul 2016 00:45, edited 6 times in total.
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
masque

Re: [userModule] Security zone (Updated 2015/11/15)

Post by masque »

Hi Maros,
I've tried your security zone module as you suggested here:
viewtopic.php?f=3424&t=22641&start=10#p60250
It really works great for the energy threshold usecase. The only thing that is strange to me, is the condition for multilevel sensors. I seams that the logical condition is inverted.
I expected the alarm to be triggered if the power level goes under 4 watt if I set the condition to < 4.
It turned out that I needed to set the condition to > 4 to get the alarm triggered.
Is this a bug or do I get something wrong on how the logical conditions for Multilevel sensors work ?
regards
masque
Attachments
zone-config.jpg
zone-config.jpg (74.43 KiB) Viewed 17142 times
maros

Re: [userModule] Security zone (Updated 2015/11/15)

Post by maros »

Yes indeed, the order is inverted. Will be fixed in the next release
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
Coffeelover

Re: [userModule] Security zone (Updated 2016/02/20)

Post by Coffeelover »

Hi maros,
I set up my zway on WD NAS today, installed base module and security zones as well as event watcher and random device.

- security zones does not create a virtual device
- random device does, but still doesn't perform any random switch
- click on base module claims error in loading data, but I assume this is normal behavior?

Do you have any advice for me?

Regards
maros

Post by maros »

Coffeelover wrote:security zones does not create a virtual device
It should at least create one device for enabling/disabling the zone. I guess that this is somehow related to the BaseModule failure you are describing.
Coffeelover wrote:random device does, but still doesn't perform any random switch
You'll have to check the log files and maybe add some logging to the rollDice method.
Coffeelover wrote:click on base module claims error in loading data, but I assume this is normal behavior?
No, this is most certainly not the normal behaviour. Are you running BaseModule v1.05? Otherwise you'll also need to check the logfiles.
Coffeelover

Post by Coffeelover »

It should at least create one device for enabling/disabling the zone
...but it doesn't.

It's not so easy to check log files on WD NAS, but I will check the version and log by Wednesday.
Thank you very much.
masque

Post by masque »

Hi Maros,
I did the update to 2.2.1 and all of your modules I use, still work. (so far the good news)
Before upgrading z-way I've upgraded your modules to the latest Github Versions (Security Zone Module is on 1.07).
Now I do see a wrong behaviour in the Security Zone Module after an Alarm was raised.
So far the Alarm was stopped after the Timeout, set in the configuration.
Now the Alarm stays until I switch the Virtual Device "off" and "on" again.
I'm not sure If this has been working on 2.1.1.
I do not see any error messages in the logfile either.
Do you have any Idea what is causing this ?
Is it working on 2.1.1 ?
regards
Masque
maros

Post by maros »

Hmm, I just discovered a bug when triggering alarm under certain conditions (fix is already in master on github), however timeouts seem to work fine. Can you please send my your config for further investigation?
masque

Post by masque »

ok, I just found my mistake.
I had the Check Threshold set to "0".
Which obviously prevents the alarm to stop.
I now changed it to "1" and everything works as it should.
Thanks
Attachments
Check Threshold.jpg
Check Threshold.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 15508 times
maros

Post by maros »

yes, i already noticed that the threshold option might be a source of confusion and changed the field minimum and default to 1.