[userModule] Automated Inactivity Switch Off (Up 2016/10/19)

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
maros

Re: [userModule] Automated Inactivity Switch Off (Upd 2016/1

Post by maros »

Please try again with the new release of the ConditionSwitch, AutoInactivityOff and BaseModule. btw. with the latest version of ConditionSwitch you don't need to create a virtual switch anymore - it will create a binary sensor by itself if you don't configure a switch device.
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
masque

Post by masque »

Hey, cool. this is working now.
Thank you very much.
I found some more usecases where I could work with this module combination.
I.e. My dorbell sends me a message when somebody is ringing and I'm not at home.
Unfortunately if the person presses the ringbutton several times, I get a message for every push on the button.
I guess I can solve this now as well.
But let me state some last wishes/ideas for the AutoInactivityOff module:
It would be great to have a checkmark that inverts the sensor, so that you can trigger on activity instead of Incativity (I know the modulename is clearly saying Auto"Incativity", but i.e. my dorbell sensor is "on" by default and becomes "off" when the button is pressed.)
As well a checkmark for inverting the switch would be great. That would allow to switch something on after time. (But again this is not what the modulename says... I know ;-) )
maros

Post by maros »

For your doorbell, and probably also for your energy threshold usecase my security zone module is probably even better suited. Just add a couple of "alarm" conditions (eg. doorbell = off or power usage > 3kw) and it will emit just one alarm event no matter how often the button was pushed (with optional delays and timeouts you could also handle your energy metering checks).
This event can then be caught by the event watcher module. I'm also working on a notification (sms, voice, email) module which is able to process these kinds of events (only on github yet)
Z-Way 2.2.4 on Raspi B | My Zway GitHub repos | Amazon Wishlist to support module development
masque

Post by masque »

Ok, that's a cool Idea. I will try this.
In regards to your Notifications Module.
As said I'm not really a developer, but I've created a Module that allows to send Messages via Pushover Service.
viewtopic.php?f=3420&t=22056#p59885
Perhaps this is a functionality that fits into your module.
regards.