[userModule] Dimmable Scene

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
BobElHat

[userModule] Dimmable Scene

Post by BobElHat »

I found that many of the scenes I created were really just making things brighter or dimmer, but I couldn't use the Group Devices module as that sets the same level for everything and I wanted finer grained control. So, I wrote a module that lets you very configurably control multiple lights with one dimmer control.

Goodbye movie scene, dim lights scene, bright lights scene and the rest. Now it just transitions smoothly between them all with extra lights coming on, the colour temperature changing and the balance of lighting across the room changing appropriately as I turn up the dial.

The app creates a dimmable scene with highly configurable options for how each light and switch responds to the master light level.

Each light can be configured with individual threshold levels and an exponential response curve. Each switch can be configured to switch on and off at a particular level.

Other accessories which operate as multilevel switches can also be used - you could match your blinds to your light settings or have the colour of a light change with its brightness (provided it uses hue and saturation multilevel controls, rather than just the RGB colour picker).

To download from the ZWay app store go to Settings > Management > App Store Access and add the beta key "timauton_beta".

To install manually:

Code: Select all

cd /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules
sudo git clone https://github.com/timauton/DimmableScene.git
PoltoS

Re: [userModule] Dimmable Scene

Post by PoltoS »

Good idea indeed!

Would be nice if you upload it to our storeage and submit it for verification. Once approved all users will see it in Online Modules list
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

My bad. I see it in the list of modules on verification. Hope our team will process it soon
BobElHat

Post by BobElHat »

I have uploaded it, but not yet sent the verification request so you need the key to access it. I started writing it less than 24h ago so I was going to test it for a bit before moving it out of beta!
BobElHat

Post by BobElHat »

I've updated to version 1.1, which adds support for negative slopes, multiple entries for each device and an optional button to recall the last level the device was set to (which I use with various rules).

New version available now on GitHub and has been sent for verification on the app store.