[userModule] Configurator

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
Provo

[userModule] Configurator

Post by Provo »

I've created a userModule for writing device configuration parameters. Because sometimes you might want to change the maximum light intensity of a dimmer based on the time of day or year, or you might want to change the operation of your door lock or thermostat, or automate the setting of any other configuration parameter. When you add the Configurator app, you will have to add the pysical device id, the parameter number, the value you want to write to this parameter, and preferrably the parameter size in bytes. It's then instantiated as a toggleButton vDev that is always on but triggerable.

Please note that you should be sure that you know what you're doing before using this module. Do not set undefined, undocumented or reserved parameters. Do not set parameters to undefined or reserved values. Do not set parameters with the wrong size. A list of parameters and what they do should be available in your device manual and in the Expert view configuration page (provided your device descriptor is correct).

The module is available through the app store with the key "kvolden_beta". Try it out if you want, and post any issues or requests here or (preferrably) the project gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/kvolden/zway-configurator

EDIT: The module is now verified by the Z-Way team, so the token/key is no longer necessary.
Provo

Re: [userModule] Configurator

Post by Provo »

I just did a minor update on this. Since I haven't used this module actively myself for quite some time, I didn't notice that the icon stopped working. This, as well as a typo in the code which I don't think caused any issues, has now been fixed in version 0.3 beta. If you installed this with the key, the upgrade should be available already. If you installed it without the key, the upgrade will be available as soon as the Z-Way team has inspected and verified it.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please create an issue on the project gitlab repo or post a comment in this thread.
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

Do I miss something? I can't find it.

EDIT:
Never mind. Somehow it was not visible i store until i rebooted. Now its there
Provo

Post by Provo »

Note that version 0.3 beta isn't verified by the Z-Way team yet, so if you install without the token, the icon will not work. If you have already installed it without the token, it should be possible to add the token, and the module should be marked as possible to upgrade.

If you have already created instances with the old version, so they don't have functioning icons, I'm afraid you might have to recreate, or at least reconfigure, the instances after upgrading the module to get their standard icon to work. Slight pain in the butt, I know, but there is nothing I can do about that.