[userModule] TabularScheduler

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
jet11x

[userModule] TabularScheduler

Post by jet11x »

After a few re-thinks here's a new version - 0.1.0.
This module was inspired by the table format used by tomshuette in the WeeklyTimer module and which is based on 3 of the great modules from maros: BaseModule, Presence and Astronomy.
The table of scheduled entries each entry allows you to specify presence, day of week, start/end times and a light. Additional you can indicate entries to be randomised.
tabular-entries.PNG
tabular-entries.PNG (28.42 KiB) Viewed 10484 times
Additionally:
  • You can define active time - only between the start and end time will lights be on. This be defined using sunrise/sunset and absolute times
  • You can specify one or more sensors to active some or all of the lights
You can try this using token "beta_jet11x". Please make sure you install BaseModule, Presence and Astronomy first and set your longitude and latitude in Astronomy (which is used to calculate sunrise and sunset). I hope they'll be some interesting feedback.

There's fairly detailed help available within the module on what the different columns in the table mean.

There are limitations in the UI and how alpacajs is used, but it was just possible to get a good solution.
Attachments
tabular-active.PNG
tabular-active.PNG (11.29 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
tabular-entries.PNG
tabular-entries.PNG (28.42 KiB) Viewed 10667 times
tabular-help.PNG
tabular-help.PNG (35.72 KiB) Viewed 10667 times
Last edited by jet11x on 03 Feb 2019 13:16, edited 11 times in total.
jet11x

Re: [userModule] TabularScheduler

Post by jet11x »

I've made a couple of bug fixes and uploaded version 0.0.2 to http://developer.z-wave.me regarding references switches and running end events after reschedule/reinit.
Now on github together with tests that run under mocha in nodejs.
jet11x

Post by jet11x »

Some more fixes in version 0.0.4 at https://developer.z-wave.me/. Fixed scheduling bugs for sunrise/sunset and randomisation. Also improved logging.
Details at github
jet11x

Post by jet11x »

I've made a lot of changes to make this module more usable - now at version 0.1.0. In particular the ability to define an active period, usually based on sunrise/sunset and also selecting lights (binary and multilevel) from a simple drop down list, replacing the very awkward config strings I was using previously.