Use Scenes from Fibaro Dimmer2/Switch2

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
bertos03

Use Scenes from Fibaro Dimmer2/Switch2

Post by bertos03 »

Hi folks,

I am trying to activate different scenes by means of my S2 port of a Fibaro Dimmer 2.
That means,
…IF SIngle-Click: Scene #1
…IF Double-Click: Scene #2
…IF Triple-Click: Scene #3

Does anybody have a hint for me? I tried to search myself, but can only find tutorials for Fibaro Home Center.

Many thanks in advance,
Robert
Provo

Re: Use Scenes from Fibaro Dimmer2/Switch2

Post by Provo »

First make sure you've configured the Fibaro Dimmer 2 correctly, enabling the scene activation functionality – according to the manual, it's parameter 28 set to 1.

That should generate a few new virtual devices, each representing a certain click condition. It can take some trying and reading events to see which device corresponds to which condition (S1 double click, S2 single click, etc). When you've isolated which one means S2 single click, for instance, find the app "If->Then" and create an instance of it. In this configuration you choose the virtual device corresponding to S2 single click in the "If" part, and the scene you want it to activate in the "Then" part.

Then create new instances of the app for the other "click devices" and scenes.
bertos03

Post by bertos03 »

Hi Provo,

thanks for your reply.
I have enabled the scene activation - but there are no virtual devices generated, whicht I could select.
Do I have to update the database or to do something else to get the virtual devices visible?

Best regards,
Robert
Provo

Post by Provo »

If I remember correctly, on my system they showed up as they were triggered, so to speak. Try to click, double click and triple click both swithches and see if any new devices appear.
bertos03

Post by bertos03 »

Unfortunately, that didn't work out.
I activated parameter #28, triggered the switch S2 (single, double, triple click) and activated the interview between Controller and Dimmer.
But there are still no scene controller visible in the drop down menu of the IF-THEN-App.
Does anybody have a hint for me?
bertos03

Post by bertos03 »

UPDATE: When I activate Scene Activation with my Fibaro Switches, it works - that means, a virtual device is generated which can be used as a condition for IF-THEN.
Nevertheless, it doesn't work at all with my Fibaro Dimmers :(
Anybody who knows this issue?
Provo

Post by Provo »

My guess is as good as yours at this point, but have you tried rebooting the rpi or restarting the server with "sudo service z-way-server restart"? Worth a try.
bertos03

Post by bertos03 »

Unfortunately, all attempts fail.
While checking the log, I see the scenes are received by Z-Way (e.g. 0x18 for double click) under the command class 43 (scene activation).
Is there an app for listening to certain command classes? Can I trigger a user defined event by listening to a certain command class (in this case: 43)?
bertos03

Post by bertos03 »

With help of the Z-Way support, I've found the solution ... quite simple :)
The app you need is "Trap events from Remotes and Sensors". By using this app, the events generated by clicking the dimmer S1 or S2 port are autmatically transferred into UI elements which can be easily used for further rule generation!