Roadmap

This is a collection of wishes and needs for the next versions of Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Dvbit

Italian Translation

Post by Dvbit »

Hi if you want I can help out with translation of the GUI (Web & Iphone App) in Italian

Cheers
nebucade

French Translation

Post by nebucade »

Hello,

if you want i can help for translate in french.

Regards,
Nebucade
PoltoS

That would be great! French

Post by PoltoS »

That would be great! French version has started a long ago, but has been abandoned. Italian has never been considered, since no one in our team know it.

Short howto:
for translation of WebUI you need to download language.en.js file (https://z-cloud.z-wave.me:/js/language.en.js), change en into fr or it in the filename and edit the file to change all English strings on the right side of : sign into localized string in your language.

Once done, you can send them at info@z-wave.me. It will also be possible to set up a translating environment, so you can upload these files and test from time to time during your work.

The iOS app have another translation file. We will extract it and provide for translation soon,
Haschka

Camera support

Post by Haschka »

Hello,

Your product is great - I look forward to the release of the Z-way package too.

Can you please advise if there is Camera support on the roadmap for your product?

Thanks,
PoltoS

The camera is supported in Z

Post by PoltoS »

The camera is supported in Z-Cloud by placing custom object on the map.

See http://en.z-wave.me/content/plugins-z-wayz-cloud for more details.
hapination

How does the local loggin

Post by hapination »

How does the local loggin work? I'm able to see debug information if I turn the debug flag on. But what I would like, is to see events like the ones which can be seen in the zcloud log. This could then be further read eg with cacti to get energy consumption data.

Also timestamps could be shown in the local log.
PoltoS

The log of Z-Connector is

Post by PoltoS »

The log of Z-Connector is only for debugging.

On the server side there is a very good logging. Go to Network Management tab and switch to Expert mode to have on the top buttons to access the log.
OnnoH

Z-Connector and RaZberry

Post by OnnoH »

Any chance of getting the Z-Connector on the Raspberry Pi? I managed to get the compilation done, but running the script fails at obtaining the SSL handshake: Opening device...
[D] Configuring device...
[D] Creating a socket...
[D] Enabling keep-alives on the socket...
Connecting to server...
[D] Initialising OpenSSL environment...
[D] Allocating SSL context...
[D] Loading personal certificate...
[D] Loading personal certificate key...
[D] Loading CA certificate...
[D] Setting verification mode...
Establishing SSL connection...
[D] Allocating SSL session...
[D] Assigning socket...
Performing SSL handshake...
[D] Initialising SSL state...
[D] Sending handshake...
[E] Failed to perform handshake: (null)
[D] Freeing SSL session...
[D] Freeing SSL context...
PoltoS

Was a server side problem

Post by PoltoS »

Was a server side problem
DrZWave

Weather and graphs

Post by DrZWave »

I'd like to see a link to display the weather forcast and some way to show it in the GUI.
Also need variables in the Automation Engine to adjust HVAC and irrigation based on forcast and previous 24hr weather data.
I'd also like to be able to view a graph of virtually every device for the last 24hrs and the previous week.
If there was at least some level of data then it is easier to choose the proper value for things like:
When to turn up/down the HVAC based on typical times when the family is home (7 day graph of motion sensor or lights will show when people are home or awake).
What the indoor vs outdoor temperature is (link to weather data for outdoor).
Tell when a device is not responding well - graph will flatline for a period of time then you know it has not updated.