Help! Pairing mode not working any more...

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
ubercool

Help! Pairing mode not working any more...

Post by ubercool »

Hello everyone.
I hope one of you experts can shed some light on this matter:

After one full day testing the Z-Uno with my Samsung SmartThings Hub (by the way, in case someone wants to know, it works like a charm), running the examples, dimming the on-board and external leds (ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), always including and removing the device successfully, I decided to test the digital sensor (ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_GENERAL_PURPOSE), with an external pushbutton.

Somehow, I screwed up while uploading the code (or during the inclusion procedure) and now, the SERVICE BUTTON doesn't work. The red led briefly blinks red after 3 pushes (while the green led keeps blinking constantly every 1 second), but after 2 seconds the red led stops blinking fast. I haven't been able to include the device as it seems that the bridge has not enough time to recognize its presence in just 2 seconds.

I noticed that a Z-Uno "sensor" was added to the "things" list and the sensor was triggering every time I pushed the SERVICE BUTTON (not my external button as it was supposed to do). As I was't able to remove the z-uno device from Smartthings (as the SERVICE BUTTON was not working), I "forced" the removal (my bad). Maybe, the fact that the SERVICE BUTTON was also working as a general purpose sensor caused the problem :/

Now, it doesn't matter what code I upload to the board, I haven't been able to put the Z-Uno in inclusion mode anymore. I reseted it several times, re-burned the Bootloader, but nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alex.
PoltoS

Re: Help! Pairing mode not working any more...

Post by PoltoS »

Nice to know that Z-Uno works good in SmartThings! Please report more. May be some screenshots, so we can publish them on our site.

It might happen than you have loaded some sketch doing infinite job. In that case Z-Uno hangs. You can always follow Rescue Mode to disable your current sketch and then load a new one. Please have a look here: http://z-uno.z-wave.me/getting-started/ ... Z-UnoHangs

In this rescue mode it should be able to be excluded. First try to exclude it using your controller and then include back.
hatchet

Post by hatchet »

Hi, Did you have any luck excluding (and re-including) your Zuno?? I might have the same issue. My Z-uno doesn't seem to react to any Exclude / Include commands from my Fibaro HC2.

I did try the reset, am close to the controller when I try to exclude etc.

Any ideas are most welcome. :?:

Thanks,
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,
PoltoS wrote:You can always follow Rescue Mode to disable your current sketch and then load a new one. Please have a look here: http://z-uno.z-wave.me/getting-started/ ... Z-UnoHangs

In this rescue mode it should be able to be excluded. First try to exclude it using your controller and then include back.
have you really tried this?

It was working for me in any case.

Maybe you haven't successful switched to this mode?

Michael
hatchet

Post by hatchet »

Hi Michael. Reset itself is working ok..but i still am not able to exclude. The default sketch (motion detector) is still working ok.

In the Fibaro environment I see the device labeled as "not configured", as I tried to reconfigure Z-Uno from there as well. It might be that this is the reason I cannot exclude, but I'm unsure on how to proceed.. Any tips are appreciated.

Just to double check: After Pressing the service button 3times, the red LED flashes quickly for about 3 seconds, then it is off. Is this what I should expect ?
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

are you using latest firmware, update to 2.05 (latest C++ release candidate) ?
-> remove stable URL in Arduino IDE settings and put this instead:
http://z-uno.z-wave.me/files/z-uno/test ... index.json

include / exclude is worlinkg fine for all samples.

And yes - you should press 3 time the service button.

You can try to upload an other sketch and include /exclude the device.
Then you will have of course a "dead device" (the old one) in Fibaro - but it can be deleted.

Michael
hatchet

Post by hatchet »

Hi All,

It is working now! :mrgreen:

I tried to switch to Rescue mode as proposed by some (hold down the Service Button and then hold down the Reset button, wait for a second, release the Reset button then release the Service Button.) After this I tried the Exclude by pressing 3 times the Service button. No luck.

A full Reset of Z-uno ("hold Service button for 5 seconds and then press three times") did the trick though.

I found it on the "Z-Wave in Z-Uno" page on the Z-uno site. I propose to mention this on the "Troubleshooting" page as well.

Happy now. Thanks for your suggestions!

Rob
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks, we will add it to troubleshouting page
maxhill

Post by maxhill »

Hi guys,

I'm actually struggling to get Smartthings to pair with my z-uno? I've activated "Look for new things" mode in smartthings , and pressed the BTN button three times , but ST isn't finding my z-uno.
I'm using the https://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/SimpleDimmer/ sketch.

Any ideas or suggestions? Do i need to start writing Device Handlers in smartthings? Or should a generic z wave device be found?
maxhill

Post by maxhill »

Never mind. Didn't see that it was on Russian frequency in Arduino IDE, so my sketch build was the wrong frequency. Changed it to EU and I can confirm simple dimmer to be working