Multi-temp device

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
buhmannra

Multi-temp device

Post by buhmannra »

Hi there, is it possible to set up a ZUno with - let's say 4 Temperature sensors and display those values within ZWay ? As I'm new to ZUno and not the programming crack - any help hardware- and software wise would be appreciated.

Thank you!
pz1

Re: Multi-temp device

Post by pz1 »

FWIW: It is cheaper to deploy a Fibaro Universal sensor (4 temp sensors, 2 binary) for 40 EURO. (Seems not to be available in the USA)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, it is possible. Using 1-wire you can connect many DS18B20 sensors. Using analog sensors you can use up to 4.
ftrueck

Post by ftrueck »

I think you can use more than 4 Analog sensors. If you want to do fully analog: use a series of relays which are switched by the GPIOs. As long as you have enough GPIOs there is no limit for analog sensors. :-)
michap

Post by michap »

pz1 wrote:It is cheaper to deploy a Fibaro Universal sensor (4 temp sensors, 2 binary) for 40 EURO. (Seems not to be available in the USA)
This may be true if you do not want to create a battery powered device.

I also would suggest to use 18B20 or I²C sensors - of course analog is possible as described.

Michael
buhmannra

Post by buhmannra »

Hi, as "pz1" already mentioned it seems to be easier and cheaper to use a Fibaro Universal Sensor...anyway, thanks for your replies.