Sleeping Mode

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
ggoetz56

Sleeping Mode

Post by ggoetz56 »

Hi,
can somebody explain to me what sleeping mode does? If found this:
Power management

Z-Wave was design to allow very low power consumption profile. Hence, many sensors are battery powered and can work more than two years without battery replacement. But as a side effect, such devices have to sleep most of the time to save battery and wake up only for short period to send reports to controller upon environment changes (i.e. temperature has changed or button is pressed). In Z-Wave these devices are called sleeping. Usually all battery powered sensors are sleeping. Wakeup period can be configured via Wakeup Command Class from Z-Wave controller.
We discussed the Humidity Sensor example herein and it works well. So I connect 3 Lipocells (11.1V nominal) with 1200mAh to first powerpin and that is good for about 2 days. Therefor I have to use sleepmode. But combined with my Fibaro HC2 it never returns from sleepmode, even pressing the service button.

As far as i understand z-uno should send data (wake up)
1. on wakeup interval defined by server (HC2)
2. When values changed significant
3. By pressing the service button

Is this correct?

I remember info like there is a interrupt on pin X but i didnt find that information once more.
I have information that serial monitor won't work combined with sleep mode, so i got a real blackbox.

Any hints about that issue?

Thanks
Gerhard
mdietinger@gmail.com

Re: Sleeping Mode

Post by mdietinger@gmail.com »

Not sure your Z-UNO was included in correct mode?
Did you use the white Battery connector to power Z-Uno with 3.3V?
Did you have the Z-UNO battery or usb powered during inclusion?
Potentially Z-UNO only reports itself during inclusion to be battery powered and hence Wake up interval versus Polling Time will be used.

Can someone from Z-UNO team confirm whether the device powering during inclusion makes a difference?
I can see on my Z-UNO that device polling is configurable. (USB powered).
For Battery powered sensors i have Wake up interval. (Guess this is pushed to Z-UNO)
If that is not the issue, maybe the missing template with Fibaro could be the issue.
HC2 allows to add parameters, but then the exact parameters and values need to be known.

As I can see from, ggoetz56's picture of HC2 configuration the HC2 is polling and z_Uno is sleeping.
mdietinger@gmail.com

Post by mdietinger@gmail.com »

Sorry mixed up ggoetz56 config with mine ;-)
His config is correctly Wake up Interval
ggoetz56

Post by ggoetz56 »

So michap helped me I now can answer the questions by myself.

1. That is correct
2. No, z-uno waits for wake-up only or
3. TRIPLE click on service button (like including)
ggoetz56

Post by ggoetz56 »

mdietinger@gmail.com wrote: Did you use the white Battery connector to power Z-Uno with 3.3V?

Did you have the Z-UNO battery or usb powered during inclusion?
I use about 12V (3 Lipo cells with 11.1V nominal) connected to 1st Power pin and GND.

I tried both. It just depends on ZUNO_SETUP_SLEEPING_MODE. If it is "sleeping-Mode" HC2 shows battery powered device. If its "allways_awake-Mode", which is default, it is wired power device and z-uno works like a z-wave hub.
ubber12

Post by ubber12 »

hi,
I am from Australia. I was also stuck in this scenario and then I by myself on sleeping mode and fell asleep in my bed along with bed sheets. :lol: