USB device not recognized

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Mohammed

USB device not recognized

Post by Mohammed »

Hello all,

I'm new to zwave and arduino so I am glad there is a forum where I can get support! Maybe a little bit of a background:

I would like to use zwave to control the ventilation in my house. So I searched the internet for devices I could use to play around with zwave. That's how I bought a Z stick GEN 5 and the Z uno. Initially everything went well following the start-up guides, using domoticz as the software I was able to include and see the Z uno in my network.

Next thing I tried was to upload the simple switch (http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/SimpleSwitch/) to the z uno to try if I could turn pin 13 on/off via domoticz. Uploading went well, I put a 1k resistor and an LED to pin 13, but couldn't figure out how to use domoticz to turn it on/off. Next day when I plugged the Z uno back into my computer I get a notification that the device is not recognized.

What I did:
- try rescue mode
- try factory reset
- downloaded drivers again, but without the device being recognized I can't do anything

Any ideas? It recognized it, but after unplugging and plugging it gave same problem again
michap

Re: USB device not recognized

Post by michap »

Hi,

the "device not recognized" after power off / power on is a known issue - will be fixed soon, I hope so.
The simple solution for this is to press once the reset button, then all is fine again.

Before using a new Z-Wave device you must exclude the device from controller.
Press at Domoticz "exclude node" - then press 3 times the system button on Z-Uno until the red LED is flashing

Now upload your new sketch (simple switch) and include it in Domoticz - will work fine, Device will be recognized (if you have actual version).

Only if Z-Uno is not responding more - you need factory reset - check here that the red LED will flash while resetting, then all is ok.

Michael